S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay some dude was just tellin me if i drop my truck to cut the driveshaft shorter or ill hafta rebuild..where is he gettin this from sicne i hear of no issues with drops except driveshaft angles on ext cabs....this is all new to me what he said...and i dont really think its legit..someone clear this up for me?

·
RIP U.S.A. 7/4/1776-11/3/
1,040 Posts
if you drop it too low with a single cab (bag it) you will need to shorten it like an inch. the reason for this is because it slides in more the lower you go and it will slide all the way to its limit and hit the tranny. ok i suck at describing this but yea its true.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
i had to have my drive shaft shorten by 3/4" ... and that was on my ext cab. but what big taki said is true, the drive shaft can bottom out on the tranny, and blow out the rear seal on it.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im only adding a 2/3 to ZQ8 for now so i should be fine right?

·
Token Bald Guy
743 Posts
you should be fine. i have a 5 in drop in the rear with my long bed and i havent found it to be a problem...im also getting bagged in the next couple weeks, but from what i hear, you shouldnt have a problem most times. just depends. take a look before and after

·
xtremefour
1,805 Posts
Do you really have to shorten the driveshaft on a std cab when you drop it. This the first that I have heard of it. Let me know because I'm baggin my truck in the spring and I already ordered my Airbar 4 link. PM me please

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
It does not affect all trucks. I drop/bag trucks all the time and havnt seen a problem with it, but when I dropped my SS, I had to shorten the driveshaft by 1".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts