S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
96 Jimmy
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight guys, i'm loioking to do I cut through on my truck.

Its an 02 GMC SIERRA fullsize truck single cab. short bed.

My truck is bagged, and I can move my lines, not a big deal, but I don't have a cap for my truck. Is there anyway that I can put a cut through and it be safe without a cap?

I had planned on enclosing it all with welded steel, but shit someone could just someone still get int. Anyone got any ideas?

·
Time to finish
2,209 Posts
I just finished up a box for my blow through. Im not getting a cover though I plan to build a tool box into my bed when I sheet metal the bed floor. and cover the speaker box that way. I also got some rattle can rhino lining and shot the whole out side of the box with it. to help incase any water gets in the tool box. I have spring break next week and most of this should get done then. Click my sig to go to my build thread. and jump to the last few pages it has most of the speaker box stuff.

heres a pick its just about ready to be put in.

its a ported for my four RE 8's. Thats the color my truck will be some day

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
use fiberglass resign and hardener and brush it all over the box to make it waterproof. inside and out. I have done this for boxes in boats it works great.

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
LT250 said:
I just finished up a box for my blow through. Im not getting a cover though I plan to build a tool box into my bed when I sheet metal the bed floor. and cover the speaker box that way. I also got some rattle can rhino lining and shot the whole out side of the box with it. to help incase any water gets in the tool box. I have spring break next week and most of this should get done then. Click my sig to go to my build thread. and jump to the last few pages it has most of the speaker box stuff.

heres a pick its just about ready to be put in.

its a ported for my four RE 8's. Thats the color my truck will be some day
that box looks great but thats not very much port area for those subs, you might have some issues with port chuffing or whistling.

·
Time to finish
2,209 Posts
truckramrod said:
that box looks great but thats not very much port area for those subs, you might have some issues with port chuffing or whistling.
The port didnt make any noise whe I tested it. But it does blow alot of air in and out. Its tuned to 32 if I remember right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts