S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've seen redxblaze's custom tailights and such.....I'm wondering right now....

How can I mask off flames on all my lights......rear lights, corner light (I'd just buy some APC clears from auto zone and do them exactly the same as the headlights.....not anything radical on the front and then flames on the back......

Like when the lights are on, they look like glowing flames.....that would be badass......I want this.......how could I create even masks that are mirror images???

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah pretty much that design but sideways.....even down to the reverse light

Caleb

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I would probably go w/ vinyl... just cut the shape out and stick it on... either leave the vinyl on there, or use the vinyl to mask off where you don't want painted. I cant really think of an easy way to cut masking tape the shape of a flame. The only thing I would say is to make sure you spray dark, because it looks pretty bad if you see light shining through where it is supposed to be painted (I've seen a few like that :thumbdown ), and make sure the edges get painted well (my first time tinting my 3rd brake light looked :gay: ... I got the center dark, but the edges were all red still).

DogP

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, I'll probably cut it out and then have the local body shop do everything correct so it doesn't look bad......I mean, I was going to get blackouts and cut the flames out of those, but this would be sweeter........

luckily my truck is a dark assed green and painting them should be dark enough not to let the light shine through....maybe 2 coats and than the color sanding and the clear

Caleb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.