S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Illusive Fab
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody I know it's not a Chevy but hey I've seen other types of truck builds going on here so I'll post this up for you all to take a look at. Let me know what you think. No its not getting body dropped and yes the body kit is allready moulded in. So on with the show.

Well I figured since theres some people on here that don't get on OMT or other sites I'm on I'll post this build on here as well. Let me know what you think.
Well I have been working on this project for some time now for a customer things have been changed around and whatnot but I'm finally able to get going on the build. Here are the beginning of the build pics.

Motor specs: 351W stroked out to a 432 with around 500+WHP.
Here are some pics of starting to put the Heidts rearend together, threadlocking the studs into the housing.

Here are some more pics.

I got a bit more if the IRS together the other day. I need to get a couple specialty sockets and whatnot so I can torque some of the bolts on the brakes and bubs before I can go any farther.

·
Illusive Fab
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the rearend all together along with the new smaller tires mounted on the rims. I also have the height set, fully layed out so the u joints don't bind up and where the bags will be installed fully collapsed.

Well after some design, layout, cutting box tube, beveling all the tube edges for welding, tacking rails together, keeping up with parts orders and some other things. I finally have the main rails together I thought I would have the whole frame tacked together today but I ran into a couple issues with the Heidts rearend. Mainly I need to shorten the crossmember some so the rails fit where I want them to go and the axles clear the frame rails without having to be notched, and then I can build the rest of the rails behind the rearend. But anyways on with the pics.

The rear rails are built and tacked in place now.

All of the main frame rails are tacked together now and everything is squared up and set. I had to narrow the Heidts IRS crossmember due to the fact they had allready sent me the smallest one they make. The next step will be building a rear crossmember that goes in front of the 3rd member as well as making some brackets to connect the upper pinion adjustment crossmember to the frame rails.

The pinion crossmember is in place, I capped off the inside of the back of the frame and welded it up for the rear frame rail air tank. I also have most of the rear frame rails all welded up.

·
Illusive Fab
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since I didnt like how the Heidts crossmember brackets looked I decide to cut some new ones that looked better out on teh cnc. I'm still debating on if I want to plate them or not. I also pulled the frame off the jig and brought it out side for some current full pics. I still need to adjust the rear control arms to get some rear camber. Right now its way positive.

so far half of the welds on the frame are ground down and I got the shear load gussets ready to go.

I got almost all the grinding done on the butt welds and metal finnished other than a couple on the bottom.

I have all of the shear load gussets tig welded to the outside of the frame. Only a couple pics right before I cleaned up.

I have also had some people on forums ask about my CNC and here it is. It's a Dynatorch CNC plasma system with a Hypertherm 1250 plasma. It's an industrial system with servo motors. Heres the pics I have from my old shop of it.
Heres a couple vids of it as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dERUwvZaiX4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naKW4FOfAM4

This is when I first got it and before I put the cutting slats on it.

Some bag brackets I was making for my truck.

·
no longer has a 95
1,883 Posts
looks real good

is that a mustang II front suspension?

if it is i put hiedts tubular arms on a 34 ford pick up at work, it had a mustng II front frame

·
Illusive Fab
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha I tryed signing up on here like 4 or 5 years ago but it would never let me. Kris said its because the forums knows I have Fords lol.

As for the suspension question Yes It has Heidts front M2 clip and the Heidts IRS. With modifications of course. Thanks for the comments everybody.

·
Illusive Fab
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Todays update, I trimmed both sides of the m2 crossmember then formed and tig welded a filler panel on the one side. I would have got more done but I had parts to build as well. I need to quit takin pics at night with my blackberry lol.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
About this Discussion
100 Replies
48 Participants
Justin.
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing