S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...i want to build the biggest custom enclosure i can fit in a regular cab. i was thinking of keeping them not too deep, but making them almost up to the rear window in height. what i want to accomplish is mounting 2 MTX Thunder8000 10's in there, so i need depth, but only just enough to fit the subs in there. building the box is no problem at all, i just really need dimensions. i kinda want them to look like the enclosure clayton posted in the "reg cab enclosures" on the second page - theyre purple - about that tall, and that deep. also, where can i buy the carpet to put on the boxes? any help would be great...oh, and what is a good amp to power 2 of the 8000's? i was looking at the alpine MRD-M500, will that be strong enough to make some noise?

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats a pretty nice box...the only problem i have is finding the actual mounting depth of the 8000's...cuz on all the websites, it says the depth is 5", but thats bullshit cuz its WAY bigger than the 6000, and the 6 has a depth of 5 1/16". Also, is there a specific formula for determining the volume of a slanted box? Im going up to measure behind the seats after class today, so i know about what size i can fit.

·
rollin' on 15's
309 Posts
the formula for a wedge style box is
((Top depth+bottom depth)/2 X width X height)/1728

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, so with 3/4" wood, id need...about 8.75" inside dimension where im mounting the sub for it to fit? (3/4 + 3/4 + 6 = 8.5)

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah...sorry...i didnt have math today, i had english! 8.75 outside, 6.25 inside. and i guess it would be better to have a less angled, but taller box? that way the sub goes in almost straight, and i dont have to worry about the angular depth of the sub (dont know it), vs the linear depth (5 15/16), right?

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i need CAD on my cpu...i could do everything so much easier than doing it by hand...is there anything i can take out of the rear wall (plactic cladding ect) that would give me an inch or 2 or 3 more space?

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, i might be able to adapt the design, email is [email protected]
ive pretty much decided on this as my system : Alpine 9805 HU, Alpine MRD-M500 amp, bridged to 2 MTX 8000's in a custom box. i need to get another cap too.

·
cats taste like chicken
1,419 Posts
MuddyS10 said:
yeah, i might be able to adapt the design, email is [email protected]
ive pretty much decided on this as my system : Alpine 9805 HU, Alpine MRD-M500 amp, bridged to 2 MTX 8000's in a custom box. i need to get another cap too.
ight, i will email it to you tommorow. the box design was not my own but Craigs.(soloudithurtz)..so he gets props if it works

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, got the exact numbers for the boxes - has to be 23" tall, 51" wide, top depth of 5.25", bottom depth of 10", and be 7" deep at 13" tall...now i gotta do the volume...for an airspace inside the box (not counting mounted subs) of 3.7725 cuft. i think the amp will go on the boxes in between the 2 seats, and the cap will go under my driver's side seat. what do you all think?

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oops...the volume is 2.5 cuft, forgot to subtract the thickness of the wood from the dimensions...duh

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no, thats for the entire box, from one side of the cab to the other for both subs. yeah, i kno about caps, but after i spend that much money on the system, i wont have an extra $250 to buy a HO alt. its just temporary till i get more money (christmas presents!) but it does help a bit

1 - 20 of 50 Posts