S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while I was at work my brother took my truck to an exhaust shop to get a custom bent intake pipe made. It cost me $20 for a custom 3" pipe & it fits perfect. I had already made a heat sheiled to block heat from the corner where my 9" K&N cone sits. So for about $75 total I have a completely custom intake that has made a very noticeable difference in power. Before when I would floor it from a dead stop I might have a little wheel hop then go. Tonight, after installing the new setup, I floored it and all it wanted to do was just burn the tires. Make that tire since I don't have posi/trac. Maybe I can take my truck out a get a time on it this weekend so I can see just how big of a difference it made, but then again I got a set of Edelbrock TES thats just itching to get put on this weekend.

Later,
Derrick

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
cool, i have a tbi 4.3 that i want to get something like that made to fit mine. where are you located at and did ya use like a midas (brand name shop) or a small or custom shop cuz i dunno were to go that would do a good job

thanks, tony

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was Muffler Masters. I'm not sure if they are a national chain or not. They did an awesome job. There are no crimps or pinches in the pipe to restrict or interupt air flow in any way. I didn't even think they would be able to get a 3" pipe to clear between my alternator & fan shroud but they did. This was on a CPI motor but I'm sure they could custom make a pipe for any application (even imports). If only they could have done it in chrome. Oh well, I can live with just painting it to match everything else.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sound like a sweet mod. Iam very interested and was wondering if you could hook me up w/ some pics. Thanks alot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts