S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, thanks for the compliment, My first one is my 96 S-10. It was 4cyl, 5spd. I never owned a truck before so I tried it out, then I wanted to go faster and went import. :bash: That was an eagle talon turbo all wheel drive. that piece of crap blew up 2 turbos so i traded it for the 96 sonoma, I spent a lot of time on that one, complete repaint, and went to some shows around here, then I kind of hit the side of a concrete median one night on the way home:( I did not mess the truck up on the outside, not even a scratch except the wheels. I bought 2 new wheels for the drivers side and after that something was bottoming out in the front wheel well. I tried to fix went to my friend at the body shop and no success. Then went to the dealer and traded for my latest one. That one is on its way just going slow with it due to job cutbacks. But possibly next summer I will be scrapping asphalt. Although I have been considering trading this one for a V6. What do you think I should do?

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
AHHHH, a fellow 4 banger

You got the 4 banger blues too huh. IMOP speed is better than sparks any day! For a 4cyl your only option is a swap, at least you can beef up the 6 and have a respectable motor. Modding the 2.2 is just silly. I have done a few things, but its just because I hate stock. So what should u do, get a 4.3 and give it a mild drop and throw flames, not sparks! But I know thats not always possable, thats why I still have my 2.2.:bash:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried to get a 4.3 when I got this red truck. I had the dealer do a search and all they found that were 4.3's were all 20000.00 or up. I could not afford to spend that much at the time so I told them what I wanted and they found me one that had everything but the 4.3 and the leather wrapped steering wheel. For now it is not bad but I would like to increase performance sometime. Christmas and my birthday are coming Maybe I can convince my girlfriend that an intake, drop spindles and leaves would be nice gifts. I guess for now I am staying with the 2.2.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its my wish list I guess, I dont think she gonna get them for me but I might end up with altezza lights, she was going to buy them for me last month but then I told her I was not sure I was keeping the truck.

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
Keepin it now I guess! I shouldnt say anything, my chick is real good to me! I got one of those lists too, but I cant find a piece of paper big enough!!!!lol!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good luck with your list, I dont think I will get too many of the things on my list from her. Maybe one or two, but if I could get enough women like that then they could pay for the truck to get built... :idea:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts