S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having a problem that has been getting progressively worse over time with my cruise control. It is very difficult to get it to engage and sometimes for no reason it just cuts off. I have to move the switch from off to "set" while pressing the cancel button sometimes for a few minutes before it finally engages. It started several months ago, but back then it would just cut off occasionally and it would take a few tries to get it to engage. Any ideas on what to check here?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Start with your switch, hit up a junkyard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can test the Cruise Contrrol Switch at the Cruise Control Module connector.
You will need a Volt - Ohm meter
Test 1- You should have 12 volts on the Brown wire when the ignition switch is moved to the on position. Leave it on for the remainder of the tests.
Test 2- You should get 12 volts on the Gray wire when the Cruise Control Switch is moved to the On Position.
Test 3 - You should get 12 volts on the Dark Blue wire when the Set button is pressed.
Test 4 - You should get 12 volts on the Gray/Black wire when the On switch is moved to the Resume position.
Test 5 - You should have continuity from the Black/White wire to the chassis ground.

Steady voltages indicate the switch is OK.
You may find the problem goes away by just removing and re-installing the Cruise Control Module Connector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts