S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Kickin' Crew Cab
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any advice on which to go with on a Crew cab 4x4....

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
You could get cross drilled if you really wanted..

Those are the only things that would bennifit you.

Slotted rotors are used on race cars to cut more of the pad away, and heat them up faster, so they have better braking performance.

Using slotted on a daily driver would reduce brake pad life..

·
Kickin' Crew Cab
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who makes replacement rotors for the front and rear.......

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,708 Posts
Get rotors with both...slotted rotors allows gasses generated during braking to disapate. Check out the websites for Stainless steel brakes or brembo. I have drilled rotors on both my S10 and Z71...big improvement

·
Registered
920 Posts
get brembo replacement rotors

you need neither

·
Kickin' Crew Cab
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Crew Cab 4x4 and it is in the process of being lifted...I guess between the 33"tires and the supercharger I might need to have better brakes.......Brembo has the front rotors, but I can not find the rear.

·
Registered
920 Posts
KCustom said:
I have a Crew Cab 4x4 and it is in the process of being lifted...I guess between the 33"tires and the supercharger I might need to have better brakes.......Brembo has the front rotors, but I can not find the rear.
yea the rear might be tricky to find, i dont know if brembo makes a replacement rotor, if anything just find a nice high quality OEM rotor (which is what the brembo blank replacement are)
and a nice set of pads

·
Registered
336 Posts
Check out Baer® brakes. I'm putting 4 wheel drilled and slotted disc brakes on my 92 2wd. http://www.baer.com/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts