S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put drop coils on and had it sit different height on each side? If so, what's the fix and what causes this?
Thanks for any replies, guys

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went to autozone and bought some shorter sway bar links. they only cost like 10 and some change. mine came down pretty good. only took me like 20 minutes to put them on! and it was very easy.:bah:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
the side thats higher measure the difference to the lower sides fenderlips. i just cut the higher sides sway bar link down the difference and put spacers in and tighten them. i did this on a few trucks oh some guys also did this on this forum after i told them about it

tony

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So this is caused by the sway bar links not letting it go down on one side? What vehicle did you buy the links for? How did you go about cutting the links? Is this something that happens on all 2nd gen S10s?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought uniersal links. Go to wear they sell the blocks spring copressors, ans other suspention parts and thats wear they will be. They have like 3 different sizes, I got the middle size. fit just like a charm!!:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
You need to have the lower tip of the coil cover one drain hole in the A frame, but not 2, and make sure the flat end of the coil faces up, or the truck can lean. (The a frame has 2 holes in the pocket that the lower tip of the coil mounts in for drainage, the tip should cover just one hole.) To tell which end of the coil goes up, set it on the ground like it sets in the truck, then end for end it, and look again, the end that makes it set up straightest faces up. Also be sure to reinstall the rubber cups (tape on) or you will get a squeak.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey Iowa bob,

Can you explain that a little better, sounds kinda confusing to me. thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
cool, thats better. thanks. now we understand!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts