S-10 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Must be a lot of people ordering these. I ordered mine just before Christmas and it came in just after the new year. Gotta say it’s a nice piece, but the wait seems to be getting longer and longer.
I'm hoping its worth the wait. Does it really have that much more clearance over the factory cover?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'm hoping its worth the wait. Does it really have that much more clearance over the factory cover?
I haven’t personally installed mine yet, but I’ve gotten feedback from a few friends who have installed theirs and it’s well worth it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
have you tried Summit instead of Holley
I got mine in less than 5 days,shipped from a warehouse in Texas
Thats actually where I ordered it from. Next day air was only $34 from summit vs $84 from holley.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I still have more fitting to do and to mount the bottom rubber isolators but I got the radiator to fit in the core support today. A little progress here and there.

IMG_2423.JPG

IMG_2424.JPG

IMG_2425.JPG

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I got an email from Holley yesterday saying the Ac box is back in stock on their website!
Thanks! I called and ordered one directly through Holley this morning. Interestingly enough, I got an email from Summit over the weekend saying they were extending the expecting ship time to Feb 4th.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Also I found this water pump diagram while trying to figure out which water pump I want to use. I thought it might be useful because it shows the spacing and the part numbers.

water_pump_guide_2019.png

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
As far as progress on the truck I wasn't able to find time to work on it last weekend but I did order a Winstar cooling fan assy Dorman part 620-131). I'm going to see how it fits and maybe build some fan mounting tabs/ brackets.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
thats a nice diagram...perhaps it can be added to sticky.
I missed what radiator your using and if its got a pressurized coolant recovery tank.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
thats a nice diagram...perhaps it can be added to sticky.
I missed what radiator your using and if its got a pressurized coolant recovery tank.
Im going to use a 28" core silverado radiator. (The smaller of the two radiator options for a silverado, tahoe etc.) Its going to be paired with Harley's coolant recovery tank set up.

·
Administrator
22,617 Posts

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Im going to use a 28" core silverado radiator. (The smaller of the two radiator options for a silverado, tahoe etc.) Its going to be paired with Harley's coolant recovery tank set up.
I have a new Silverado radiator as well and was thinking of using it.My buddy had a body shop and for some reason this came up as an extra. I think I gave him $20 for it,still has tags on it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
I have a new Silverado radiator as well and was thinking of using it.My buddy had a body shop and for some reason this came up as an extra. I think I gave him $20 for it,still has tags on it.
Its going to be pretty tough to fit the silverado radiator without a body lift. I had to completely remove the bottom of my core support. The rubber radiator isolators are located on the front frame horns. I have more time in modifying my core support than making motor mounts.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
GM used to "make" a taller radiator fit by dropping the lower support on the core support.
I wanted a deeper(A/C V8) radiator for my Tempest,so cut off the lower part of the A/C core support and welded it into my shorter radiator core support.
Im betting the same can be done here.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
I have a shipping confirmation from Holley! I should have an evap cover by Friday with any luck. Once I get that installed the engine can go in for the last time hopefully.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #118 (Edited)
Ok a few more updates. I received the Holley box and got it installed. It thinner but it’s hard to gauge how much room it will free up until I get the motor back in.
Edit: I added a picture of the firewall clearance. The Holley box is provides much more clearance and is worth the money. I can run my hand around the whole backside of the motor.

EDDC0ABB-6746-4D23-BABF-4490B2EEE9F3.jpeg

A416C833-C6DB-40E9-8E6D-47ED103CA862.jpeg
3C36EEB4-92AE-4AD3-9661-1FD9B250F486.jpeg

clearance.jpeg

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
I also clearanced the frame some where AC compressor wouldn’t come out while the motor was in. Hopefully it will be enough. I started by marking where it seemed to hit the most and heating it up with a torch and then knocking in the metal with a hammer a little bit.

54EBB8DF-6FE1-4FC5-ACB6-330DB0EA4FC2.jpeg
B68061C3-1D79-4712-81C3-0FDB4C63C9AB.jpeg
43DD6B46-C29E-46B8-AA20-E233603F3314.jpeg

·
Old Fart
3,223 Posts
Also I found this water pump diagram while trying to figure out which water pump I want to use. I thought it might be useful because it shows the spacing and the part numbers.

View attachment 337207
I bought the LS2 Corvette style because I liked the look of the flat-faced pulley and I thought that might give a little more clearance.

101 - 120 of 164 Posts