S-10 Forum banner

201 - 202 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
So yesterday I moved some furniture with a small single axle trailer. I had the AC on and the ambient temp outside only showed 80 degrees. With the trailer empty the temperature stayed just at 210 but on the way back with the furniture the gauge creeped up over 210 but never really got any hotter. I'm glad I went through the effort of putting the largest radiator possible. I'm thinking It could benefit from an oil cooler but i'm not sure how much that will actually help.

temp.jpeg

temp1.jpeg

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Did you ever put a scanner or date logger on your temp gauge to see how accurate it is? I've seen dash gauges off bt 15 or more degrees
What thermostat are you running? Say if your running a 180, it doesn't start to open until 180, its around 190 plus, before it's totally open. What are your fan settings? For dual fans, with a 180 stat, I run fan 1 to come on at 190 and off at 180. Fan 2 to come on at 200 and off at 185. I've run these settings for many years, on lots of swaps, with no issues. If I'm running a 160 stat, I bump all the numbers down 20 degrees. I prefer the 160 stat in the iron blocks and the 180 stat in the aluminium ones.

201 - 202 of 202 Posts