S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Tire size should be on the driver side door jam and IIRC, the drop is 2" lower than regular factory height.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, thanks. BTW, I've got a 99 Xtreme, 3rd door, stepside. Does anyone have a pic. of a stepside with the Stepshavers kit?

Thanks again.

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
heres my 99x stepside with shaver

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
Gerald said:
Also, how did chevy lower the trucks? Spindels or springs, drop leafs?

Thanks.

if im not mistaken i believe they pulled 1 leaf in the rear and used lowering springs

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
litestab said:
will my tires rub if i put a 2/3 drop on my x

mine rub on a full lock u turn and sometimes in reverse but thats it

X

·
0 Posts
Gerald said:
Also, how did chevy lower the trucks? Spindels or springs, drop leafs?

Thanks.
chevy lowered the truck by de-arching the leafspring 1.5" and the front the used 1.5" drop coils and the zq8 or xtreme tires are .5" smaller than regular s-10's tires...

All that= 2" drop :yikes:
xtreme

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
xtreme-10 said:
chevy lowered the truck by de-arching the leafspring 1.5" and the front the used 1.5" drop coils and the zq8 or xtreme tires are .5" smaller than regular s-10's tires...

All that= 2" drop :yikes:
xtreme
WRONG

chevy lowered the leafs by pulling the top leaf which lowers it 1.5 inchs. the rest you said is correct

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
98lows10 said:
the normal S10 leaf pack has FOUR (4) leafs. and the ZQ8/Xtreme has only THREE (3) leafs. and a 1.5 drop coil in the front. then bigger front sway bar, and a rear swaybar(some with bumper shock)
that is what i said only in the way it was supposed to been said.The zq8 leaf pack is a stock normal leaf pack [4 leafs] with the top leaf pulled which gives the zq8[3 leafs]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts