S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bored.. Nothing else to work on until i get some money to do my v-8 swap. So, considering I have seen alot fo you guys do some cool and crazy things, I figured it was time to learn how to paint flames. Now, to do this, I feel the need to redo something, so it gives me an excuse to paint...

The victim...

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LOL

I think its kinda funny. Its an old belt driven air pump i got for free. It pumps 40 psi. it works too. nutz..

here is side two..

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the compressor, torn down to the tank itself, i cleaned all of the buildup and gunk off of it. it was gross.. now the labels have to go, some grinding on the rust, and then some sanding..

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
extra parts...

Now, to clue in my goal on this little project... i am not spending one dollar... its using whatever cleaning supplies, nuts, bolts, paint, primer sandpaper, etc... that i have in my garage...

also, i am dropping the tank two inches :)

aint nuthin better then draggin tank :D

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update... cleaned up, grinded rust, and smoothed out the tank. on the decal it had a date of 1972. LOL so this thing is a classic!! i scrubbed down and smoothed the belt gaurd. I broke out my new Craftsmen Reciprocating saw, thanks to my fiance, and dropped the sitting height(i'ma minitrucker.. and everything on this site has been dropped from a cadillac to a radio flyer) so why not an air compressor!? i redid the mount height of the wheel on the rear and the front bracket, and the drop i got was 1 1/2" on the rear and 3" on the front, but I am making rubber boots for the front, so after all is said and done.. it will be dropped 1 1/2"/2 1/2". hmmm... and the sad thing is, I am taking the time to do all of this :headbang:

this pic is a pic of the extensive rust build up on the surface and ALL of the welds...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts