S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not looking for the best ride in the world right now, I just want it to ride at least as good as stock. Currently I have the easy street front bolt on bag kit (smaller bags so you dont have to cut), air over leaf in the back with Jason's bridge kit, and 2600's in the back/with shocks. It rides horribly. It has gotten to the point where I dont like to drive it at all. I am getting a 4 link in about 6months, but I know it has to be able to ride better then this on mono leafs. Is it the front kit makeing it so bad or did I do something wrong with the back? Any input would be appriciated.

·
Registered
747 Posts
it all depends on what ur lookin to do with the truck man i had airride tech all around air over leaf in the back and rode better then stock i took it out because i wanted to start hoppin.. there are setups out there.

·
Registered
747 Posts
oh yea u think urs rides bad ride in mine the back dont ride too smooth with slam HS duals on top of rear, my old lady hates it now lol hurts ur boobs after awhile. lmao

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
canti setups are supposed to ride smooth though right?

i was under the impression that when the front is bagged and had shocks that you were supposed to get an amazing ride. i must be wrong.

futuresweet... you said that you used very small bags in the front? that is your problem... the smaller the bag the worse the ride... less air to compress. the bigger the bag the more air to compress, gives more sring travel. im not shure as the exact term for this i just know what the hell it is.

·
Registered
747 Posts
the canti i dont know i would think yea they ride smooth because dont take much air to hit ride height but then i might be wrong im sure someone who has it will correct me if im wrong,. the more air u need to lift the truck to ride height the stiffer the bag will get the less air it has the softer it will ride..

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i had the air lift front kit. road like a buckboard, cause of the smaller bags i had to run the psi at 120 to get it off the ground at a reasonable height and the bags were hard as hell. i switched to suicidedoors cups and 2500 bags and the truck is a hole new ride. i can acheive the same height with less psi with the 2500s.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I think it's the rear bags. Consider the 2600# bags are what is used on the front of a fullsize truck. And the a arms give a small mechanical advantage to soften them even more. The rear of your truck probably weighs less than half that of the front of a full size. When you get your four link, either mount the bags on the bars at about 2:1 ratio, or switch to a F9000 bag mounted in a 1:1 ratio. And you will be a lot happier.

And air lifts front gen I kit uses the same bag as the gen II kit. The reason you don't have to cut the spring pocket is because the upper cup is taller, so the bag doesn't go up into the frame. That is also why it doesn't lay out.

·
Dime Dragger
438 Posts
wat wait wait... i got a "?" sry to take ur thread guy... but ok i have jasons kups... and i have air lift bags (2500) from jason... so i dont have to kut? and its ganna ride like a rock??? wtf i have that now with my starick drop kuz im on the bump stops... shit if the ride is ganna b the same then wtf i get bags 4 ???:thumbdown

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Yes, you have to cut. IRSd_mini said if you had the airlift gen I KIT, which includes bags and cups, and since you don't have that, you still have to cut. I beleive the upper cups from the gen I kit are 4" tall?? so the spring pocket doesnt' need to be cut at all.

so let me repeat... YOU DO NEED TO CUT.... and take ur damn bumpstops out... its one bolt underneath.. and takes all of 2 min to do.

·
Dime Dragger
438 Posts
well i was under the impression that i needed to kut... and i am kutin it out today.. and i c that he dont need to kut? is his a diffnt bag? and what about my ride?? i rode with 2500.'s and its nice but he got differnt bags....???:twak: and the bump stops... if i take them ot now with out my bags... i will b tooo low to drive... trimmed the coils a LIL to much lol but theregone when i bag:banghead:

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Read...
IRSd_mini said:
And air lifts front gen I kit uses the same bag as the gen II kit. The reason you don't have to cut the spring pocket is because the upper cup is taller, so the bag doesn't go up into the frame. That is also why it doesn't lay out.

·
Dime Dragger
438 Posts
IRSd_mini said:

And air lifts front gen I kit uses the same bag as the gen II kit. .
I HAVE GEN 2 Bags:chomp: or is his a whole kit

·
Dime Dragger
438 Posts
thanx... lol wat about the ride? is my bags and his the same:dunno:

·
Registered Asshole
5,823 Posts
I have SLAM SPECIALTIES bags. I can cruise (ass draggin almost) at like 5-10psi (looks cool) and the front at about 70psi, maybe less. Ride height is like 30psi and 90psi for me.

·
Post Whore?
2,864 Posts
i never had a problem with the ride with my monos, over the axle 2600s....i mean it rode like shit when i was driving it so low that the frame was bangin on the axle..but you gotta expect that. maybe your driving with too much pressure in the bags? do you get less lift than you should? you might have mounted the upper bracket too high.

·
low life
816 Posts
Might want to check and see if your rear shocks blew out. Mine did and it rode horrible, with the shocks and sleeve bags it is fine.

Jim

1 - 20 of 38 Posts