S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what compressors is everyone running? ive got the viair 450... just wondering what everyone is running, and if they like them or not. I'm gonna be running an 8gallon tank, but im going to be purchasing another compressor, just wanna know what is good out on the market now.

·
run and tell that
7,998 Posts
I ran a viair 450, cant say I was very impressed with it all. I am currently running a Puma (DC7000) and I love it. I have used them on my last three trucks, and they out perform the viair 450's by far.

I hear alot of good things about the new air zenith, but cant say spending $300 on a compressor is in my budget anytime soon, and besides, I have had nothing but good luck with the puma's.

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
i have 2 Viair 380's on a 12 gal. i know its a lot for those 2 but im not an air whore. I like it but i might upgrade later on. $DUBDOUT$

·
many faces
361 Posts
EDC EDC EDC EDC :bowdown: dont **** around with anything else.. i had 2 450's on 2 5 gallons and it was way to slow for me and i should have bought the EDC from the start i am lovin it all the way tho!!! :) EDC as i said EDC :) EDC :scary:

·
Give me 3 yrs...
6,526 Posts
LowSlungDime said:
i have 2 Viair 380's on a 12 gal. i know its a lot for those 2 but im not an air whore. I like it but i might upgrade later on. $DUBDOUT$

bahaha dude seriously u gotta stop the dubdout thing

·
murse
13,200 Posts
AssDragginSdime said:
get one of these:

thats funny shit right there!:haha: ive got a 450 also but i'll prolly wind up gettin a EDC with a 8 gallon tank sooner or later. i dont run a/c anyway. wastes gas.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, i've been running a 5 gallon tank with a 450 viair fully bagged on 20s.. i've been thinking about the oasis, i know someone that has it, and its pretty amazing! thanks for the input .. the idea of an EDC has been floating in my head tho.. anyone convert their A/C compressor into a EDC?? does it have enough compression to fill a tank?

·
Registered
687 Posts
lock down said:
If you don't mind losin your A/C then do an EDC.......If you want to keep it go with an AZ.............:D
wtf.. you dont gotta lose AC to get an EDC. only of you wanna do it like that. you can by a nice kit that moiunts off to the side and keep everything

·
run and tell that
7,998 Posts
BaggnS10 said:
i run two 450s on an 8 gallon with a 145-175 psi pressure switch and it fills up in a decent amount of time. someone mentioned a DC7000 which ive also used. its a much louder compressor but its prolly about as quick as both of my 450s.

yeah, my DC7000 is loud as hell, but its faster than my old pair of 450's were by far. I have owned prolly 6 of the DC7000 compressors, and did have one out of the box bad, working on getting that warrentied right now. Luckily i had a spare laying around that I could use.

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
s10fan2000 said:
thats funny shit right there!:haha: ive got a 450 also but i'll prolly wind up gettin a EDC with a 8 gallon tank sooner or later. i dont run a/c anyway. wastes gas.
I know, right .. haha

I'm thinking about ditching my a/c after this summer.. this summer is going to be a test.. I'm going to see how many timesI need to use the a/c this whole summer.. If I can bare it out, that a/c is coming off.. The only reason im hesitant, is the previous owner put a new a/c pump on it RIGHT before he sold it to me..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts