S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just tore down my 2.2l and discovered a cracked head. Its a 1995. Is there a better 4 cyl motor maybe a newer year i can upgrade to? Without too much trouble or money? Or am i stuck with a 95 reman?

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
Basically stuck with a 95... you could upgrade but it would be more trouble than its worth.

IMO just swap a replacement cylinder head in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically stuck with a 95... you could upgrade but it would be more trouble than its worth.

IMO just swap a replacement cylinder head in.
I thought about that bit the botom end has 182k miles on the clock. Worries me to put a fresh top on a potentially worn out bottom

·
Registered
310 Posts
^ I am dealing with the same issue right now, except I am at 187K. Not sure if the head is cracked yet, it is at the shop getting cleaned and checked right now.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
I thought about that bit the botom end has 182k miles on the clock. Worries me to put a fresh top on a potentially worn out bottom
you can pull the pan and check the rods for play, inspect the seals, pull the cover for the timing chain and check that for slop. but 182k isn't really that much if the engine has been taken care of.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts