S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first can you put two subs in the same box. I mean can you mount them in the same box sharing the same air space.

second Ive seen some subs mounted the magnet out side the box and the front facing in. What does that do and can that save space or does it require the same airspace as if it were mounted normal

Im trying to find a way to mount to alpine tens in my standard cab 91 and I have zero room behind the seats and can't give up any clicks so I wanted to make a center consol or have one built to hold both subs and my switches I figure I can mount the amp to the back of the cab behind the seat

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
yes, subs can share airspace in a box, provigin that they are the saem subs and getting the same power and wired in phase.

inverted subs work no differant than regular mounted, just when you build a box you dont have to facotr out driver displacement.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
the best way to go for a standard cab is to build your own boxes and put them behind the seats. due to the very little airsace, they wont be too loud, but itll be in there.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so inverting the sub I still need a certain airspace then. right.

What i was considering doing was mounting one in a center console between and the other inverted right by my head inbetween the two seats. any one see problem with that? i figure i will have around a month off from school after finals so i would have plenty of time to make several attempts at a fiberglass box with that shape or I might use that time to clean up my bag install and finish the back setup hell with a month I should have time to do both.

thanx for the help

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
The problem I see is space and height. By "right by my head" do you mean blocking the window? That will look goofy in my opinion.

And then there is space. I don't know how much width you're 91 has between the seats, but my 98 only has 6.5 inches, so mounting a ten inch sub there is outta the question. Depending on the width and distance you have to work with (if it's a stick you can't build a real long box) you may have to go really high up to get enough airspace. It would be pretty funky looking to have a 2 foot tall center console plus inverted subs on top of it.

Seems to me like you could get enough room behind the seats for them.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when by my head i meant right under the window i should just mount them behind the seats but right now i have dodge neon seats in my truck and I made the brackets their on so they wouldn't sit as high. when I made the brackets i threw away the ajustibility stuff so they are stationary and I put as far back as I could because im kinda tall so i wanted leg room.

Do blazer seats out of the 1st gens just bolt in and retain the ability to slide because I might pick some of those up and toss my neon seats

1 - 6 of 6 Posts