S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 s-10 do the make heavy duty ball joints or anything for bagged rides?? I need new lower ball joints ( i ripped them with the pickle fork while taking apart my bags so many times....) and before I take it to my uncle to get them replaced he said to see if theres any heavy duty ones out there?? If so are the nessecary?? Or where do you get them??
Also 2600 bags up front... I had them but popped one on each side so bought 2 2500's and put them in... my question is are there any 2600's that have the single lower mounting bolt?? Or will work with jays cups with no mods... because with my old firestones I had the lower cups turned 90 degrees and the bolts were not in the holes they were designed to be so I figure if they fit right they will have less chance of rubbing.
Next where can I get leader hoses pre made... like from a mailorder... WHO HAS THEM? LARRY DOESNT.
And finally when I get my bridge kit and everything welded in next week will I need to notch the cab??? I have a regular cab and am planning on eventually laying out on 20's out back... So will the cab need notched?? or smashed in allittle or what?? I know the gas tank cross member will but I am not worried about that because I am getting jays 3 link and it comes with a new one.. thanks

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
No heavy duty ball joint is needed. Just an OEM replacement will work just fine.

I'm not sure what kind of 224c bags you had before, but mine only had one hole in the lower bag plate for a bolt, just as the 255c bags that you have now should have. Either way, the bags will still work with jasons cups, whether they have a center hole, or two holes spaced out.

Premade leader hoses.... I'd go to www.hoseandfittings.com, and get their number from their site, and give 'em a call. They can make 'em in any length, with any type of fittings you want on the end of them, swivel, or standard.

The cab will need to be notched for 20's, but I couldn't tell ya how much. I can only guess that about 1"x 4-5" needs to be notched/channeled out, and that is based on the geometry involved.

·
minitruckin alcoholic
1,742 Posts
I run Contitech 2600s up front with Jasons cups, and i have no problems. Just let them float in the control arm. everything is good. also, you have to cut alot of frame to keep the bags safe.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
i am running my stock tire for now just cause i threw my rims on my blazer and am waiting on my 20's and the stock rims with the tires i got on them are 26.1 " tall and it lays frame with outnotching the cab my 20's are gonna be 26.4 " running a 275-30-20 and i have like mabey 2/8 " before it hits the cab you dont have to notch for 20's if you have your driveline set up right

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
i just had to buy a new ball joint since mine broke when i replaced my spindles....the hard part is getting th old one out...plus it was like 13.50 for the upper plus a lifetime warranty...couldnt pass it up.

·
JON
652 Posts
<----------- has moog ball joints after mine broke, they are good stuff, as for your cab you will probably have to notch it, when i ass out my dime the driveshaft hits the bottom of the floorboard? why did you pop 2 bags? i have 2600's on my other dime in the front and they have no problems?

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have

the bags I have (2600's) are called ride rite springs by firestone.... and they have 2 lower mounting holes not 1 center.... Anyhow I can cut more out and put the 2600's back in but I want to get bags that have one lower mounting hole so I dont have to modify the cups! Because I didnt drill 2 new holes I just turned the cups 90degrees in the LCA... see what i mean?? The lower holes didnt line up without drilling new ones or just turning the cups.. so what 2600's would be the best for up front with the center lower mounting bolt??

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
You must not have jasons cups then...cuz jasons cups should work with the Firestone Ride Rite bags, or the normal 224c bags

·
Registered
180 Posts
dont use a fork to pop out your ball joints..get a hammer and smack the spindle by the ball joint a few times and it will pop out with out any damage to the ball joint boots

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Mine do... all the ones i've ever seen do, except the older style ones, such as the ones from ride rite kits. And they don't have a bolt, they have a threaded hole, for a bolt to go into. The upper mounts are threaded studs that nuts go on.

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey

ya I know they are threaded holes for the bolts to go into.... so your saying if I get 2 NEW 2600's they will have single theaded hole on the bottom??? thanks

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Yea, if ya get the 224c's through innovative air suspension, or suicidedoors.com, or gauge magazine, they will all have a single threaded hole on the bottom of 'em.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts