S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a couple of races the last 2 nights. The first was against one of the new hemi rams last night. I look over as the truck is pulling up to me, I knew it was a ram, and I was hoping it would be a hemi that would play.. Well I was lucky. When the light went green, I didn't launch very hard, I eased into it to see if he would run, he nailed the throttle, I heard his revs climing, so I nailed it. I hit 2nd, spinning, he was at my door. I hit 3rd and he was falling back a bit more, I let out at 80 and he was at my rear axle.

The second race was tonight against another black extreme. It was a reg cab auto, with the sport side bed. The only thing I know for sure that he had as far as mods was dual exhaust out the back. we didn't get a chance to go from a dig, but we did go from a 30 or 35 roll. He was just ahead of me slowing down, waiting for me to catch up, and I was waiting for the car in front of me to turn off. Once the car was gone, I eased up beside him, dropped it into second and heard his trans downshift. As soon as I heard that, I nailed the throttle, passing him in 2nd, hit third chirping the tires a bit, and pulled a bit more before letting out. another car was coming up in his lane. I think I had him by 1.5 cars. not really sure though..

·
Life Start @ 200 shots
419 Posts
Good kill on the road obrien !!!!!!!!!

:monkeypee

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
BTW I race with a guy that has the record for stock/automatic truck(NHRA). It's a 4100+ # dodge ram (I think it's a 78). He only uses a 318 and it runs 12.70's at around 99 mph. He has to ballast the rear with steel plates to get those times or else he spins too much (uses about a 4500+ rpm stall). It isn't that fast but it really launches hard. The thing with the weights goes against everything I ever thought about making it faster tho.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the weight helps, but you need to have the power to get it going. which I don't have yet. I am going to be checking into having some traction bars made tomorrow, mabey with that and some better tires, I can lauch harder, and get some better numbers

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
I'd never add weight to my truck except when it snows. Just thought it was interesting that he did it at all. I was getting 2.25 60' times with 3.73's and an open diff. Chalk it up to better track prep and mines lowered 2". I think lowering changes the point of IC.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
well i just went to the dodge website, found this on a 2wd 1500 as an option....
HEMI(R) Magnum(R) 5.7L sequential multipoint fuel injection V8 engine cranks out 345 horsepower and 375 pounds-feet of torque. HEMI and Magnum are registered trademarks of DaimlerChrysler.

i would think that if the 345 horse was only for the hds there would be a disclaimer....im fairly sure all the hemis they're throwing into rams are 345...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts