S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First: I have a JBL BP600.1 and one 4ohm DVC sub, how exactly would i hook them up? in parallel for a 2 ohm load right?

Second: I was reading through this and my question is, you would just kind of guess what volts the gains on the amp are set at, like get them in the general area? there is no way to really tell for sure?

And the last dumb question: I was reading this and understand all of that with just a head unit and amps, but how would you do it if you had an eq too? I know the head unit is already flat-lined because of the eq, but do you just flatline the eq and follow the same steps or what? Its one of the pioneer digital EQs if it matters..

Thanks! - Chris

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
Yes you can run that 4 ohm dvc sub at 2 ohms on that amp by connecting both positives to the positive terminal and both negatives to the negative terminal. For your other questions it is just better if you say how much preamp voltage your head unit has. Have you reaplaced your interior speakers? A good non-technical method or setting your gain would be to turn your radio up loud, up until the point that it starts distorting and then turn it down slightly and then start to increase your gain until it starts distorting and then turn it down lightly. You should then be pretty close to the optimal settings. I can't give you a good answer about the flatlined eq question. If you have an certain frequency bands cranked up high it is best to fix the problem by adjusting your speakers and amps not by your eq. IMO anyway. good luck btw what kind of sub do you have?

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I replaced the inside speakers, infinity reference plates and 6.5''s..For the sub I have an Elemental Design 12O..

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
82 Posts
If one frequency is to high, use the EQ to lower it instead of raising all the other frequencys to it level :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts