S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heyy i got a 1987 s10 with a 355 with around 450 hp if i bag the front with 2600s will it handle the power? n not drive liek shit

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
take your front weight and divide it by 50.24 and that is your pressure needed to lift the front of your truck. for (2,600's) and a s10 front A arms.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
could i still bring it to the track ? n have no problems
With good shocks and the right pressure yes no problems there

They have a slightly different spring rate then coils but that really only matters in auto crossing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so do you guys think this is the best idea for me because i want to drop it when i go to car shows but raise it when i drive around so i dotn crack my oil pan

·
2legit2quit
3,983 Posts
My buddies pro-street sonoma with a Tune Port 383 has been bagged with 2500s for like 6 years and hes had no issues. His truck used to lift the front end off the ground a good couple inches when he stepped on it and he never had any problems. With 2600s you'll get an even better ride. the only down side is you have to cut more so if you think its a concern, just reinforce the outsdie of the frame around the spring pocket when you cut it for the bigger bags. Also, run shocks. And if you are just doing it for a lower stance, and not to worried about hitting sides and all that gay shit, then keep the sway bar and you shouldnt have any problems with handling as long as each bag is runnin on its own 2 valves so there is no air transfer side to side.

·
snausages
2,308 Posts
what kinda link is he running in the back?Im trying to figure outt he best link to run so i can stay away from wheel hop and actually hook at the track.

this winter i plan on building a 350 or a 3800 turbo

·
full size dippin
543 Posts
so do you guys think this is the best idea for me because i want to drop it when i go to car shows but raise it when i drive around so i dotn crack my oil pan
the front would be cool. s10 guys rock re-7's and that what i use on my full size with a 350 in it. the back..... you might get some traction problems. i hear a parallel with sleeve bags works best in that situation

1 - 18 of 18 Posts