S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any input would be appreciated also thinking of doing roll pan but would i be able to keep my hitch the stock i have now, its my dd and a work truck not a show truck so should i keep it stock ?
Thanks in advance

·
S-less
806 Posts
you're welcome

It shouldn't be that much since there appears to be no frame damage, So all you'll need is a rear bumper, drivers side rear step, tail gate and paint

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im going to have them check it just in case since there are gaps in front of the bed with the step, of the step side where there were no gaps before

·
S-less
806 Posts
That sucks. But that doesn't seem right though but if the insurance does that they will not give you anywhere near its value. I'd personally fix but its your choice. good luck!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From your opinion what do you think the value is ? They are calling me by the end of the week to let me know

·
Compliance!
5,152 Posts
As long as the frames good, which is probably is but you never know, i see complete beds for sale for a few hundred bucks on craigslist sometimes.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I don't want to rain on your parade but, my guess is that the truck is totaled. If you could justify a greater than "book" price for the truck like if the truck had a V8 motor swap, custom paint or interior, some appraisers will add the modifications as greater value. Hope I am wrong. Your future hedge against this problem would be to get an "agreed value" insurance coverage. Good luck.

·
32,797 Posts
From your opinion what do you think the value is ? They are calling me by the end of the week to let me know
If this is the other person's insurance company, look at your local Craigslist and Autotrader, find trucks that are just like yours (year, miles, options, condition, etc...), whatever the average is that they are selling for, most likely that is what the insurance company is going to offer you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everyone thanks for the info, really sucks ive owned it less than a year 6 months

So you your saying probably better off buying a whole bed than just the parts ?
Man o man seems like im going to have a project on my hands lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Saw the paper work no where on there did it mention the ZQ8 package it said inhad 15 x 7 steelies im like WTH? Also didnt see anything about power windoes and locks so ill see might hve to call them back

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,221 Posts
Man that sucks!!

I have a few perfect spare corners,and a perfect rear bumper w/brackets if you end up fixing it...

Good luck man

·
Sold :'(
7,555 Posts
Saw the paper work no where on there did it mention the ZQ8 package it said inhad 15 x 7 steelies im like WTH? Also didnt see anything about power windoes and locks so ill see might hve to call them back
I'm not sure of the exact percentage, and it varies from state to state, but insurance typically totals a car if the repair costs exceed ~75% of the car's value. Factoring in power windows/locks, special suspension/wheels, etc. isn't gonna raise the value much at all. Plus, they're looking at it as a vehicle that hasn't been made in over a decade. If it were me, and there wasn't anything wrong with the truck other than the damage in the pics (engine/trans/suspension worn out, not reliable, etc.), I'd consider taking their offer and buying it back. Of course, this depends on what their offer is, how cheaply I can get replacement parts (don't forget paint), how much the buy back price is, and if titling a totalled vehicle in my state is worth it.

It being a "work truck", I wouldn't worry so much about finding a sportside bed if they're hard to come by. I'd put on the best fleetside bed I could find/afford and get a cheap but decent paint job, with me doing as much of the prep work as possible.

·
32,797 Posts
They won 't add stuff that raises its value (even the nickle n dime stuff), the insurance adjuster's job is to lowball you as much as he can. The hope you take the first offer, lots of people do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Buy it back... the insurance scam-bagz are too lazy/cheap/greedy to do you any favors.

Nice lookin' truck like that deserves a longer road life, not sitting in some gawd-fersakin' junkyard being a donor for other guys' projects.:(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts