S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get some holes filled in thay are on the bed of my truck. they are from bed rails that i had on. i took them off and now i want the holes fixed. does anybody have any idea of what this might cost?

G

·
why don't you do it yourself....i think you can get to the underside of the rail right?? Just take some fiberglass put it on from the back and then go to pep-boys and get some bondo body filler fill them in sand them then prime them...than have ti painted...probably save yourself about $200

G

·
neither did i...trial and error buddy........just sand the under side and cut a strip of fiberglass mat and thenput the resin on it then that and put in under the hole and smooth it out...let harden thake some bondo body filler spread it on and sand until smooth with bed...not that hard...don't hve to be a rocket scientis....all that stuff ...probably cost $20....opposed to $150-$200...to have some shlep do it for ya...and to do the exact same thing you could do...soo...i mean give it a try at least
:dunno: :dunno:

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
doh, hit enter tooo soon. that hole and plug stuff is under $3, then you use bondo to make everything flush, so add in the cost of bondo, sandpaper, etc.... i filled my roof in for about $20. i had know idea how to do it either until my dad showed me, real easy stuff after he showed me. hope this helps you

G

·
what are you talkin about shave the rollpan??...If you shave the steps on ay 94-97...you have full in the holes where the bumper extenders went...i used the same process.....used fiberglass as a backing and used bondo sanded...prined..and still not painted..lol
here are a few pics

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts