S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
You sure thats a 4L60E. I bleive you mean the 4L60. The e version is electronic and the vette servos don't work in them. JFYI

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
damn, i was a lil excited till i red 02redblaze's post. oh well, my B&M Shift Plus works pretty damn good anyway.:thumbup:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Im 99% sure that it wasnt until like 94 or 95 that the E's came out. Waitin for the shift plus for mine. How hard is the shift? Hard enough to bark second?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I'm sure its a 4L60E & yes the corvette servos do work in them. JFYI

Not to flame anyone, but where do you get your information? 99% sure? Try reading a book sometime.

I have a B&M ShiftPlus too.

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Witch servo is it? The one inside or the one on the side of the trans?

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Hey wise ass, if ya didnt want to flame why get so dicky.. After eading my books:finger: I found something that maybe you should have to....Your truck was a midyear production as some 93's had 700r4's in them. perhaps you should have all info straight first. After 94 the servo doesnt do anything. 94 and up has to be programmed directly from the Comp. Also, all the servo does is raise shift point..does nothing for or power.....The difference you feel is 90 % the B&M not the servo.Sorry I'm not as book smart as you seem to be.....I'll try harder:wtf: Oh yeah just so you know, that will wreak havoc with the Valve body bore in about 30,000 miles....why spend that money on just a servo when a full transpak for $60 bucks for that tranny wouldhave given more benefits...Oh maybe I should check my books on that one....... Im done..... When people just try to help and your a DIICK, sometimes it makes you look worse. Everyone likes a piece of ASSS noone likes a wiseasss

·
4-Door Blazin'
81 Posts
No need to :argue:

Derrick dood, you got burnt, give it up and go play with your servos. :booty:

·
Registered
25 Posts
not to be a dink,

but by changing the 4l60e servo to a vette style one youre changing the surface area of the piston and it allows the band to apply qiucker 0n the 1-2 and 3-4 shifts. w/ a shift kit you will get better shifts in all gears on top of the servo addition.

also the servo has do direct affect on the valve body bores been worn . the tcc and actuator feed limit valves are the ones that usually wear out and they dont share the same same oil circiuts as the servo.

where did you get that info ?

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
GM TSB on signs of abnormal wear on Valve body bores from factory or aftermarket servos....Just tryin to help.....

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wicked X - Its the servo on the side of the trans.

02RedXBlaze - Let me state some points that you are wrong on. My truck does have a 4L60E, the corvette servo does work in it, & it did not raise my shift points.

This thing did made a huge difference in my '93 4L60E even with my ShiftPlus off.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Derrick take a chill, I never said it didnt, i questioned wether it did or didnt. its very easy to confuse the 2 tranny's. second. good. glad it worked. Didnt say it wouldnt work in that year. Its after 94 that I was stating and as far as shift points go i was talking about part throttle shift points. Geuss I was wrong on everything though.. Im done...time to unsubscribe...

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
i have a corvette servo in my 94 SS. also a b&m shift kit. sitting behind a LT4, the truck will bark 3 gears at 1/2 throttle..at 2000 rpm, the 1-2 shift hits so tight that it feels like the rear is gonna fall out...lol

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
avtekk didn't we talk about the corvettte cervo at the last meet at kop hooters. anyway, i sent my money in for mv 2 nights ago

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.