S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just read the drop coil how to from 98 ss on nos as i will be putting my 3" belltech coils in on wednesday. rather than use the belltech bushing to correct the lean, he said to cut the sway bar end link down on the other side and then get a new bolt and nut. has anyone done this rather than the bushing? i want to cut the end link because i would rather lower the other side more than lift it back up with a damn bushing. any response is appreciated.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,204 Posts
jhorton said:
i just read the drop coil how to from 98 ss on nos as i will be putting my 3" belltech coils in on wednesday. rather than use the belltech bushing to correct the lean, he said to cut the sway bar end link down on the other side and then get a new bolt and nut. has anyone done this rather than the bushing? i want to cut the end link because i would rather lower the other side more than lift it back up with a damn bushing. any response is appreciated.
Am I missing something here:confused: what is this infamous "lean" I keep reading about. I have 2" spindles/3" blocks on my SS and it sits perfectly level side to side.

Rick.

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the driver's side sits lower from the factory, probably due to heavy gas tank and other stuff. it isn't that noticeable until it is dropped. anyway, somebody let me know what you think!

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
i did that on mine works for about a 1/2" difference. any more and it will suck to try to get back together.
all i did was determine how much i needed 1/4" in my case.
cut a 1/4" off the sleeve and used the piece i cut off and put it back on the bolt first to take up the slack of having a shorter sleeve.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
the end link trick will sorta work, but the sway bar is under constant pressure, and handling would be affected would think. the easist thing to do would be to install the springs, let them settle with the weight of the truck on them for a few days of normal driving. then measure the difference between the 2 sides of the truck. if you have a difference lean of 1/2" then cut 1/3 coil off the passenger side spring, if you have 1" difference in lean, then cut 1/2" coil off the passenger side spring. as long as you use a chop saw, or cut off wheel and keep the spring cold while you cut it, you wont hurt any thing, and the truck will not ride any different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts