S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For x-mas i recieved some clear corner lenses. I was pretty excited because it give the truck a stylish look. My excitement changed quickly when I popped the hood to exchange the lenses. How the hell do you get to the lenses. If anyone can help me install these I will be greatly appreciative. Thanks.

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
They actually are just held in by clips... I think there is one clip per light on the outside edge of it, nearest the fender- The inside edge has kind of a post i think that slides in towards the center of the grille-- dont break anything though if I am wrong!!
:eek:

Just give them a pull on the outside edge and the clip should disengage-

·
Anybody got 20's?
5,731 Posts
first you pull the head lites out. there are two plastic clips on the back of each headlite that you have to pull straight up. you then can look down where the headlites were and see that there are two clips that hold the signals on. you have to depress them so the singnals will pull out. you also might want to buy orange bulbs if the signals didn't come with them or you might get a fix it ticket with the clear bulbs.

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
Didnt have to pull my headlights out...

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
yeah.. it can be a bit frustrating getting the clips perfectly engaged when you put them back in though... then the aim is all screwy. I dont like crosseyed girls or trucks!

·
Anybody got 20's?
5,731 Posts
oh and while on the subject. i have condensation building up inside my signal lenses. somebody told me to drill some holes in the bottom of the lenses. do you think the bulb may not be sealing right or do you think it needs to be drilled

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
Me? I dont know.. it could have a bad seal at the seams too. You could put some silicone on there to seal it maybe-

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
hey an idea to check if its the seams- take it and just dunk the seams in the sink or something... shit, put the bulb in and sink the whole thing to see if it leaks. That could give you an idea.. I guess I would probably just live with it :)

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
I see... I have the covers ;)

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
I have seen several of the clear corners that have a leak. My buddy got them and the passenger side always got condensation. We thought it was the bulb not securing in right, we even ended up putting silicone all around the bulb. Didn't work. Come to find out the seam was leaking. A little bit of silicone around the seam and it solved the problem. I heard that you could drill a hole too, but I didn't see how that would solve it.

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
Lets not start the :rant: now guys!

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
gee then why even have the specialized forums then if were just gonna post wherever we feel like it huh...maybe ill go ask about painting my dash in the wheels section and ask what rims to get in the 2.2 liter section yah since it will help everyone ill go do that...also most members who have been here awhile (as in longer than 3 months) would bring up the same thing or tell him to use the Search feature theres lotsa threads on this

·
Anybody got 20's?
5,731 Posts
i have come from different forums and have decided to rest here. and besides i have seen guys just like you from other forums. go to s-10xtreme forums and talk to Pete with the red dodge dakota invading everybody and talking smack.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts