S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some rust starting to apear greatly near where the battery tray was, and the bottom of the core support for the headlights, What is the best way to take care of it? What are the steps of gettin rid of it? And what are the steps to get it back to normal? Its already out of the truck so gettin to these places of rust wont be a problem. Please help me out, I want to eventualy show this truck so I need it perfect.

Thanx, Steve

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
try sandblastion

and then get som POR 15 that is good stuff:idea:

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
yes, try sandblasting or getting those sanding disks that can be put on a cordless drill. i've used por15 products and they are really pretty good. make sure if you get that to apply heavy coats, i talked to one of the guys from Por15 at a show he said you want to clean the area, sand, use a metal etcher then apply 3-4 generous coats on. this will seal air and moisture out. read the directions because theres a certain ammount of time you can wait in between coats. i believe the site is www.por15.com if not do a search. i also highly recomend their exhuast paint. its held up on a turbo manifold. the exhuast gauge went over 1600 a few times and it looks great :thumbup:

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool thanx man i will hit up that site and i'll post in here what i intend on doing, again thanx for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts