S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
R.I.P.
15,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this is kind of an odd question......but i was watching cops last night and always wondered.......how come nobody ever acknowledges the camera man? like when people are getting arrested and shit....no one ever questions the camera at all? just curious?

·
iFail
10,840 Posts
thats a good question, but those camera guys can run pretty good :haha:

·
****head
3,850 Posts
Haha I dunno but its a good question. I was also wondering if the officers get mad when they're getting the shit kicked out of them while the cameraman is standing there with his thumb up his ass.

·
My mirror hates my sub
9,463 Posts
lol i was watching cops one time and this black guy got tackled.. punched the cop got up and was half way over the fence when the cop finally got up and the cameraman was just standing there filming like shit wasn't goin down

·
is a fungineer
6,108 Posts
Haha I dunno but its a good question. I was also wondering if the officers get mad when they're getting the shit kicked out of them while the cameraman is standing there with his thumb up his ass.
Pretty sure the cameraman can't go to help the cop. If you a civilian ride-along with law enforcement, you can ride in the car, but can't get out if anything goes down. I would think there are some sort of regulations about what the cameramen can and can't do.

·
Needs a clutch... BAD!
1,544 Posts
well if the cops life is in danger i dont think the camera man will just stand by and watch... if i were there id try and do something

·
R.I.P.
15,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
there was one episode i did see where this black dude was wrestling a cop and the his buddys were about to jump in but the camera man stuck out his arm to keep them back....so im pretty sure they are entitled to help a little if it comes to drastic measures like that

·
Severed Ties Petitioning
2,553 Posts
lol I was watching one time and this dude took off running and the camera man was right with the guy and filming him, the dude looked over with the most "wtf?" look ever, then the camera panned back and the cop was like waaay back. then the dude jumped a fence and the camera guy just stood there until the cop got there. pretty sure the guy got away, too. it was pretty funny

·
got SFA?
901 Posts
Cops is the best show ever...watching right now...

they had a show on making cops and they had said they have to sign a release to have their faces shown on tv after it has all gone down.

plus i think when you are getting arrested a guy with a camera is the least of your attention

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
the best was when this dude took off running when he was about to get cuffed and the cop chased him down after about 3 blocks of running. the cop had a PROSTETIC LEG! then the cop made fun off the guy, becasue he cought him...
yeah i have seen that one it is funny.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Actually any civilian can get in on the action and help cops out, it's not illegal. (you can actually get awarded for it too)
But the cameraman usually doesnt get in the action because legally he doesn't have to help.
He's there to FILM, and if shit gets ugly, cops are always alone and handle situations like this all the time without help.

·
32,797 Posts
Actually any civilian can get in on the action and help cops out, it's not illegal. (you can actually get awarded for it too)
But the cameraman usually doesnt get in the action because legally he doesn't have to help.
He's there to FILM, and if shit gets ugly, cops are always alone and handle situations like this all the time without help.
Cameramen don't get into the action because they are there to film the action.:haha:
These aren't regular goobers with a camcorder, they're professional cameramen.

·
Registered
260 Posts
lol I was watching one time and this dude took off running and the camera man was right with the guy and filming him, the dude looked over with the most "wtf?" look ever, then the camera panned back and the cop was like waaay back. then the dude jumped a fence and the camera guy just stood there until the cop got there. pretty sure the guy got away, too. it was pretty funny

dude, why are you trying to sell your BMW?!?!?!?!??! Don't do that!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Cops is the best show ever...watching right now...

they had a show on making cops and they had said they have to sign a release to have their faces shown on tv after it has all gone down.

plus i think when you are getting arrested a guy with a camera is the least of your attention

:werd:

And COPS rocks!!! :D

·
Registered
960 Posts
I personally love when a cop arrives on scene and the "perp" is getting cuffed and starts yelling and puts his knee in his back. Then when the camera is turned on him he's breathing all hard like he wrestled a bear. Does he realize we say him walk up on the guy while in the process of being arrested?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I personally love when a cop arrives on scene and the "perp" is getting cuffed and starts yelling and puts his knee in his back. Then when the camera is turned on him he's breathing all hard like he wrestled a bear. Does he realize we say him walk up on the guy while in the process of being arrested?

They just eat too many doughnuts and hardly pass their PTF test

1 - 19 of 19 Posts