S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
registered loser
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. my truck was acting funny after work today so I was looking around for what I think is a vacuum leak. I noticed there was a hose connected to the top of the coolant resevoir near the fill cap, it wasnt attached to anything. Is this supposed to be an overflow drain or is it supposed to attach to something? there is also another hose running in to the rad. I believe this is installed correctly.

thanks guys

·
registered loser
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright. kinda figured as much.

guess I have something else going on in there

thanks guys

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
and these would have nothing to do with how it runs anyways

totally nothing

any of these parts need replaced if are a year or more old:

wires plugs cap rotor fuel filter air filter pcv valve

also remove and clean IAC

check running fuel pressure

check all wiring connections including grounds and battery cable ends

make sure all clean dry and tight

one wrong bad connection can cause running issues

esepcially small ground wires at thermostat housing bolt if it is a TBI v-6 engine, and at a bellhousing bolt if its the 2.2L

·
registered loser
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured that this hose wouldn't affect the running of my engine, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't supposed to be attached to anything. I mean how much vacuum could you possibly apply to the coolant reservoir without just sucking it all in.

out of all that stuff you listed the only things I haven't done is check fuel pressure and replace pcv... I checked the pcv, it had vacuum and rattled. seemed fine. I have owned the truck for a year now so anything I haven't touched is over a year old

·
registered loser
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I will probably do that eventually. I don't want to just throw parts at it but little stuff like that probably needs to be replaced over time anyways.

question... on my 4.3 tbi there is something that looks exactly like the PCV on the opposite side of the engine, on the drivers side. what might that be?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts