S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"Stroke Me"
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 S10 SS and if I fill the radiator up it ends up leaking out of my coolant reserve vent until the radiator is about half full then will not leak anymore. My temp gauge also doesn't work so I can't tell if the truck is running hot or cold.

Yesterday I ended up getting stuck in rush hour for a few hours and the truck drove fine on the way home, but I believe I lost a good amount of coolan in traffic. When I went to go start it a few hours after being parked it struggled starting and was terrible holding an idle. (About 500-600) but was running like it was one hell of a cammed motor. After putting antifreeze in, it ran and idled fine.

I am thinking it is a thermostat but want to see if anyone had a similar problem before and it was a different culprit.

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
new rad cap

its not holding 15 or 16 psi any more

these caps go bad eventually, they are supposed to keep coolant in the rad until 15 or 16 psi, as stated on the cap

hopefully you havent cooked the motor overheated it alreayd though

why dont you fix the temp sensor for the dash?

its the one in cylinder head driver side down low

·
"Stroke Me"
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first thing I did was changed the radiator cap because the one I had was bad and spun. But that didnt fix the problem.

And the sensor is okay, it's an electrical problem in the dash...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts