S-10 Forum banner

Cool White or Blue LEDs (Interior lighting)??

• Cool White LEDs

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Blue LEDs

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Real Men Wear Skirts!!
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to switch over all my interior lighting to LEDs. Gauge cluster, light switch, HVAC controls, courtesy lights, etc.

I can't decide on Cool white or Blue for the LED color, I'm 50/50 on both of them so lets see what you guys think.

·
It's a Blue thing...
12,411 Posts
Those look sick. :cool: What kind of leds were used in his?

Heres a blue one I found.

I finally got mine done a couple months ago, I used 6 WLED-x5 Wide angle LEDs and I work at night so I enjoy them every day.

also I didn't reuse the old bulb sockets, I bought some bulb sockets at advance auto parts.

·
Real Men Wear Skirts!!
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
go with white. i put all the bulbs in my blazer with blue leds, and when i turn them on, it looks kinda "ricey". if i could do it again, i'd go with white
I know what you mean. If I got blue it would match my alpine screen but I mean blue and white go together right? we'll see I'm still so in between before I spend close to $100 replacing all my LEDs.

·
Real Men Wear Skirts!!
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do half and half. :haha:
haha! Only reason Im thinking white because it will light up the AVS gauges very nicely. Other than that I'm really leaning more towards the dark side :haha:

I really do love blue my favorite color, right now I have blue reverse indiglo gauges love the look at night because only the numbers light up. but during the day the white face way too ricer!

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
go with white. i put all the bulbs in my blazer with blue leds, and when i turn them on, it looks kinda "ricey". if i could do it again, i'd go with white

Me too, matter of fact changing them out to white is on my list of things to do here shortly

·
Real Men Wear Skirts!!
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm already looking into the cool white LEDs online.

Ok I'm stuck, the headlight switch has LEDs and I have no clue what size they are, how do you go about finding replacement LEDS for that?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts