S-10 Forum banner

401 - 409 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Are any of you guys on gearhead-EFI? I've been trying to join and idk what's up but I'm not awesome with computers and im getting aggravated. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Is your e-mail account a Hotmail account? If it is, those will not register, due to an influx of spammers a few years ago, Hotmail got blocked.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Okay, thanks Raven, that sucks that I'll have to get another email account tho.

·
Gears and Differentials
1,332 Posts
I didn't read all 9 pages of this, but I didn't see anybody using the SFI from the Camaro. I used all of the fuel system from the Camaro on my 3.4 swap in my '84 4X4 5 speed S10. I had to make several parts to make it all work. I pretty much dropped the Camaro engine in just like it came out of the Camaro with the same exhaust manifolds, accessory drive and everything. The only parts on the engine that I had to make were the oil pan, air intake and Y pipe. I used an electric speedometer converter for the computer speed sensor and pretty much rewired the whole truck. I built this back in '96 and it ran great and it got 24 MPG. I drove it for around 240,000 miles and then sold it this past summer and it's still going.

Attachments

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
Wow...Imageshack and photobucket can go straight to ****....what damage those ***** have done to this forum....all over it.

·
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Anyone needing any specific pictures on these stickies, let me know the time and date and I will repost them.

·
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
Question....My ECM is STILL sitting in the floorboard. Anyone tell me...or pix even better...how the ECM is mounted in the dash of California trucks? And how the harness is routed? Thanks!
No longer laying in the floor. The answer to my own question is to remove the glove box insert and there is just enough room to shove it in there. Kinda annoying though since I have no bracket. I'm sure that's made out of unobtainium.

·
Early Member
3,114 Posts
Looks like someone is trying hard to get their post count up.

·
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
Nah. Just putting info up that is relevant if you owned an 82-85 and want to know where to stash the ECM. No one else seemed to know. I’m not to worried about how many posts I have vs someone else’s. Not sure if you noticed when the last post was....I’ve really got better things to do than worry about how many post counts I have on some forum..... There’s a lot less activity these days on the forum so I like to share. Not sure if you noticed but this is a sticky with some pretty good info on the swap. That’s why I’m a lifetime member. The forum helped me tremendously on this swap. I like to give back.

401 - 409 of 409 Posts