S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'm ditching the heat and ac in my blazer so i'll have a nice comp already in and ready to roll. What do i need to do to convert it to use it to fill my air tanks? Layman's terms please.

·
Dr. Greenhead
340 Posts
buy an engine driven compressor, or retro fit a york........your stock one will take ALOT of work to use and im not even sure if after all the work it will last its just a theory some of us have that could work with oil injection and a dryer....hasnt been tried from what i know

batz

·
Registered
234 Posts
from what ive read you need an inline filter/drier to filter out the oil if you use the stocker. ive also read that stockers dont put out that much psi...so id go with a york. since your ditching your stock comp. a york would go there perfectly with some extra bracketry

·
Cannabis Guru
53 Posts
ive seen it done before

dude had it hooked up wrong and it smoked alot

but u need an oiler and water trap and thats about it

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where can I get an oiler at? how much will they cost? Will just a normal water trap werk? should i mount it right on the comp or ways back on the line?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I've heard from two people who tried doing this with a stock a/c unit, and neither one could get the compressor to pump more than 65-70 PSI out...

There are two types of compressors that can be used as air pumps effectively. Sanden and York compressors. Sanden compressors require an inline oiler before the compressor... and a filter/trap after the compressor. And the oil has to be recylcled from the trap daily because of how much oil it spits out. The york however, does not require as much oil or maintenance, but will still do the job just as well.

A sanden compressor may also fit right into the stock A/C brackets, or with slight modifications it will.

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know the comp will put out more then 65 psi or so, kid on blazinlow used his but did it ghetto and had to manually ad oil daily.

anyone?

·
EpicenterDesigns.com
1,025 Posts
On the intake side, put an air filter, oil mister......on the output, put a water/oil trap, a back-flow preventer, steel braided line to tank.

I am putting 2 water/oil traps on my output. The 3/8 models, cause they let more flow and 2 will protect the valves better.

Also to further protect the compressor in case you forget to check it, when you first oil it, run straight Prolong or other super addative to coat the inside.

·
EpicenterDesigns.com
1,025 Posts
I have a 1st gen daily driver, ( thats too low right now), and a 2nd gen Blazer that I am bagging right now. I'm just getting my parts together to do the AC conversion. But it is just that simple. And it will put out high pressures.

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sweet, well once you get it done let me know. I still ahve a few weeks before i'm going to be wanting to do mine. DO you have AIM or a email I can reach you at if I have any more questions by any chance? thanks for your help!:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have one on my astro thats bagged using ac pump it runs 160 plus easy with inline oiler but feeds to fast just got it running an still have to put trap in thow but it will work but not to sure if i like cuz to much to maintain thinkin of goin old school 12v comp

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts