S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best converter out there for 98 v6 sonoma's 4l60e? any responces are appreciated :) i would like to have arround 2800 stall.
TEX

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
Depending on your other motor ingredients. Cam ,comp., blower?,etc. I like the 2100 on mine. If you call ACT performance & tell them your info they wll make a custom one for you. NOT cheap, BUT worth it! 818 785 7574. Tellem I sent you.:D

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i was gonna run a 2200 when i put in a posi with either 3.73s or 4.10s. does this sound like a good combo to anyone in the know?:confused:

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
MightyMouseJ5 said:
i was gonna run a 2200 when i put in a posi with either 3.73s or 4.10s. does this sound like a good combo to anyone in the know?:confused:
Sounds a little high to me( stall & gears). But what's your other stuff like cam, RPM limit, tire size, ETC.? :confused:

·
2,186 Posts
98 SS ON NOS said:
yank 3200 tt put my buddy form 15.1 to 14.399 all motor on slicks. drives like a normal truck until you floor it. sideways for days
thats exactly what i am lookin for!:) looks like it will be 4.10 zexel posi with a 3200 stall!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Listen to Syclone Dave, WHAT motor changes are you plan on making internally? A 3200 stall on a stock cam, what are you nuts, this combo will kill you eventually! You got a stock cam thats done at 4400, starts making power at 1000 and your gonna run a 3200 stall, makes sense to me???????? No more than 200-400 rpm than the stock one on a stock cam. Get a cam and I still will tell you no more than a 2400 stall and 2800 with a tall set of gears.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
. ask xtremelover he had the 2800 tt and said it was to low with stock cam and heads etc now he has the 3800 and its a little to high but still is fine. im going with a 3400 on my new set up. my buddy has 3200 and its fine. the stock one is at 1800 in our trucks about . this one is a few hunderd rpm more. i think power brakes at 2200. ummm these converters im talking about are rated for ls1 motors.

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Dual Apps

Looking for a street & Strip Conv that i can still tow with:rolleyes:
I pull a 1600 lb motorcycle trailer (loaded) when i travel to bike
events.

·
2,186 Posts
964pt3 said:
Listen to Syclone Dave, WHAT motor changes are you plan on making internally? A 3200 stall on a stock cam, what are you nuts, this combo will kill you eventually! You got a stock cam thats done at 4400, starts making power at 1000 and your gonna run a 3200 stall, makes sense to me???????? No more than 200-400 rpm than the stock one on a stock cam. Get a cam and I still will tell you no more than a 2400 stall and 2800 with a tall set of gears.
hey the satll is after i have a rebuild done for max power on a NA 4.3. a good possibility is that i might get intouch with Lunati and see about a custom grind specifically for the gear/stall i want and matched to an intake i am waiting for. and who know, an ATI intercooled set up from Mach Performance might be a possibiltiy also, nothing is definate, i am just looking for opinions on things and ill make a call on what i feel might be best for what i wanna do. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
talk to bill
on this motor ill have bigger intake and exhaust valves
bored 30 over
stall converter
so should run better than 13.7 than the old motor set up did.

bill knows best about these trucks id talk to him.
cam is good but when you get the heads polish and ported and intake done its a great mod. all matched flows a lot better and sounds a lot meaner

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Bill who????????????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts