S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was wondering what discs from the junkyard would be an easy swap. I was thinkin a setup up from the third gen camaros?

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
how bout swapin in some discs from a same year 4x4 s-10? would that work? and are the front discs on a 4x4 bigger then the 2wd?:confused:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Only problem with that is you won't have backing plates to mount the calipers to on the back. Good idea, though.

you can pick up Camaro rears for 250-350. Then you could sell what you don't use. It will probably have a posi in it and some decent gears. They will be worth around $100. Then sell the axles and housing for a little and you have made some money. Or, better yet, put your drum setup off your truck on it and sell it as a complete Camaro bolt in differential.

Sorry, I always try to figure out a way to make money from the extra parts I have to counter the initial cost of the part.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
proflo'dS10 said:
Only problem with that is you won't have backing plates to mount the calipers to on the back. Good idea, though.

you can pick up Camaro rears for 250-350. Then you could sell what you don't use. It will probably have a posi in it and some decent gears. They will be worth around $100. Then sell the axles and housing for a little and you have made some money. Or, better yet, put your drum setup off your truck on it and sell it as a complete Camaro bolt in differential.

Sorry, I always try to figure out a way to make money from the extra parts I have to counter the initial cost of the part.
good idea, i try to do the same:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts