S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Problemchild
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now i know there has been alot of diff types of talk about efans. ok well i need some semi details here, i have access to a junk yard that carries only american cars. i have 2 optima batterys for my bags and system how bad will it hurt with those.. and how much customizing will i have to do.. im running a 96 4.3 some hints would be helpfull..

·
what to put here....
337 Posts
nope

·
Registered
81 Posts
just buy a kit
why go to the junk yard?
you local auto store should have a kit you can buy

·
Searching no more
2,467 Posts
Mosher said:
What exactly are you asking in this post? I cant make sense of what your question is.
What is so hard to understand? He's asking what kind of fan should he get from the junkyard, how much of a load will it put on his electrical system, and how much modification will he have to do.

1. using the search feature will help you out tremendously.

2. Many of us use the Taurus e-fan, which can be purchased from a junk yard for pretty cheap. The only concern about he taurus fan is that is draws a lot of amps (sometimes greater than 30 amps when switching to high speed)

3. As I said above, the taurus fan draws a lot of amps. I had to upgrade my alternator to 160 amp to keep a charge in my system when the fan was on high, a/c on, sound system on, at idle. I've also since upgraded the big 3 and now have an optima yellow top. I have no charging problems whatsoever. If you're really worried about it, go with one of the aftermarket fans. They just won't pull as much air.

4. You won't have to do much modification at all. Just take your upper and lower shroud off, unbolt the fan (you will probably need the special tool for that which can be found at most auto parts stores in the rental tools). Wire up the new fan and bolt it up. I just used a couple of self tapping screws that went through the top of my radiator and some zip ties to make sure it wasn't going anywhere.

·
Problemchild
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you for the help..sorry i was abit drunk when i was posting it.. i wanted to post the question before i forgot it..installin an efan sounds easy enough to install.

·
loco hombre
3,461 Posts
Use the search feature. In particular, look for a long thread labeled "e-fan reliability". It has more info than you could ever want on e-fans. You should run across more e-fan threads than you can count, also...

·
Mall Wheeler.....NOT!
243 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts