S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
C.L.I.T. Commander
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i hvae the 3.42 rear end, and i usually only race up to like 60-80 mph, my truck hits 105 pretty quickly, and i will be modding the engine quite heavily, should i jump to 3.73s? can i find these off of a 2.8 at a junkyard? also, how would i replace the gears? thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes 3.73's will help u alot ur gonna pick up a couple tenths of a second in the 1/4mile maybe more! I'm not sure u can get 3.73's out of a 2.8 but if u can see if u can fid an extra and give me a holla

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
The change to 3.73 is not that much of a diff. Go to 4.10 for what you want to do. I Tried them both. The 4.10 worked out better
for racing. Just rember you have to reprogram the computer
for any gear change.

·
C.L.I.T. Commander
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how do i reprogram the computer?

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Get yourself a Hyper Power Programmer. Yje difference is nill. your only bypassing a 3.55 ratio. will not cut more than maybe a 1/10 or 2 if that off your time. your 60 ft time will be better but you will also give up mpg..

·
Registered
120 Posts
I gotta idea for ya,go to your junkyard and look in a S-10 blazer with a stick shift,mine came stock with a 3.73 gear in it and it was a 2.8,if you have overdrive dont be afraid to try the 4.10's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts