S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm goin to start lookin for a 1st gen. s10 or blazer to put a v8 in and i was wonderin is there a certain year that is the best or easiest to use?what size motor do you recommend?about how much will it cost?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey sherfield,I dunno about if anyone is easier than another,I have a 84 S-10 blazer,the reason i got one so old was that i didnt want to mess with one that had a computer on it.That way i didnt have all these wires hanging everywhere that I didnt need to use,plus I didnt have a electronic fuel pump in my gas tank to deal with,(they put out 30+psi of fuel pressure,a carb can only take around 7 psi).On the size of the motor,I would go with the tried and true 350.You can make as little or as much power your budget will allow.It would be easy to make 350 hp and drive it everywhere.You will need a long tail shaft tranny to keep your stock driveshaft,a set of motor mounts,I think are about 69 bucks in Jegs, a set of shorty headers(99 bucks i think) and i used a radiator out of a newer S blazer that was aluminum,never had a probelm overheating.Oh and one important thing,try to get a truck or blazer that had a 2.8 in it,thats what the motor mounts are made to fit. need anything just email me
V8

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks 4 the help.i think i'm gonna use a carb for the same reasons u did.would it be easier to use a blazer or a truck?

·
Registered
120 Posts
i got a blazer and my dads got a truck,as far as on easier than the other it was the same,but the blazer hooks way harder than the truck does.It has alot more weight over the rear axle,but it also weights around 250 pounds more than the truck too (goin buy scales at the local Co-Op).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts