S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Squid Life
1,781 Posts
Will they physically fit together....yes...are they designed for that...no. Lowering springs cause the lower control arm to tilt up...with the dropped pocket on the control arms this causes clearance issues at the inside corner of the pocket...here is a pic of a truck with 3" control arms w/ 1" springs in it...he also has 2" spindles so you wouldn't be this low (unless you were thinking of putting 3" springs in there):

but the point it...see how much lower the spring pockets are than the control arms and the cross member? and how the 1" springs cause the inside corner of the spring pocket to sit even lower...that problem would be compounded by 2" or 3" inch springs and they would catch on everything. Dropped control arms are for stock components.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or how would it be with Control arms and just 1in spring ? I want a 4in lower in the front I am getting a good deal on control arms .

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
95projectS-Dime said:
Or how would it be with Control arms and just 1in spring ? I want a 4in lower in the front I am getting a good deal on control arms .
Drop arms are intended for use with lowering springs. There will be no change. You arms will still be lower than the crossmember, spindles will change nothing in this.

·
No more switches
13,451 Posts
Southern said:
Drop arms are intended for use with lowering springs. There will be no change. You arms will still be lower than the crossmember, spindles will change nothing in this.
actually the S10 control arms were designed for stock springs. I'm not sure about other applications but for the dime's it was DESIGNED for stock coils.

Here is the link
http://www.djmsuspension.com/Instructions/ControlArms/CA2331L-3.pdf

it's right under where it says the part about air bags voiding the CA warranty.

I would never use CA's with drop coils, hell i wouldn't use CA's with anything. IMO i'd stick with spindle's/coils but if you just want a 3" drop on your truck then i guess go for it.

·
Squid Life
1,781 Posts
95projectS-Dime said:
So spindles will work with them fine though right ?
No...as a matter of fact...I would call that worse than putting drop coils in them...lowered control arms are for STOCK components...that's it. Can you do it...yes...that picture above proves that it CAN be done...I would never recommend it though. You will drag those f#$%@rs everywhere. I am with CustomS10 on this one...if you want to go 3"s and never any more than 3"s...use the control arms...if you want 3"s now and options down the road...use spindles and/or coils.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
CustomS10 said:
actually the S10 control arms were designed for stock springs. I'm not sure about other applications but for the dime's it was DESIGNED for stock coils.

Here is the link
http://www.djmsuspension.com/Instructions/ControlArms/CA2331L-3.pdf

it's right under where it says the part about air bags voiding the CA warranty.

I would never use CA's with drop coils, hell i wouldn't use CA's with anything. IMO i'd stick with spindle's/coils but if you just want a 3" drop on your truck then i guess go for it.
Ack! Typo on my end. Thanks for catching it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts