S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
one of the guys i work with was taking a look at my blazer and showed me that both rubber CV boots were split. great i said, i'll just check chilton's. unfortunantly i can't find CV boots listed in chiltons anywhere. :bash: do i have the wrong name? its a rubber boot around a joint right behind each of the front wheels.... is this a hard project? what's involved? anyone done this before? i'd appreciate any help ya'll can give me... :D tks in advance....

travis

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
travis_gillum said:
hey guys,
one of the guys i work with was taking a look at my blazer and showed me that both rubber CV boots were split. great i said, i'll just check chilton's. unfortunantly i can't find CV boots listed in chiltons anywhere. :bash: do i have the wrong name? its a rubber boot around a joint right behind each of the front wheels.... is this a hard project? what's involved? anyone done this before? i'd appreciate any help ya'll can give me... :D tks in advance....

travis
You will need to remove the shafts to install the new boots. You should be able to pick up a kit at you local parts store. Um, the job is not really for a novice, I would find a buddy that has done it before.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You got it...

Thats what they are called, not a hard project, but one that needs to be done right, and done soon. You do not want road dirt getting inside the boot and grinding away at the joint. It will pop, eventually, rendering the blazer motionless.....

I haven't done it myself in quite some time, but the kits are fairly straight forward, just be ready to get dirty. Actually, I don't remember boot replacement costing too much from the shop either.....at least compared to a new axle...

Good luck.

Cheers,
Russ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts