2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Dude go with the honda!!!!

Im bustin em. Sounds like a step up to me...:p

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll definately lower it, probably 17" billet wheels, rollpan, sport mirrors, billet grille insert...and hopefully do some shaving and paint work

I looked at a 99 jimmy today....only thing i didn't like about it were: two tone paint color blue and silver (?), leather interior, and it's an auto. I've looked at quite a few jimmys and all of them seem to have leather and automatic transmission...do they make a lot of 5 speeds? i need to go to a gmc dealer outside of my small city.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ahha that's what i would like to do, but unfortunately i'm in college...my dad will be paying for it if i get a new one and i was thinking about asking him if i could sell the truck and use the money for customizing the jimmy..

I saw a pretty nice bravada today...does anyone know if you can swap out the bravada grill for a gmc/jimmy grille? and my spindles on my s-10 will fit a bravada, right?

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Bravada's

Jonathon said:
ahha that's what i would like to do, but unfortunately i'm in college...my dad will be paying for it if i get a new one and i was thinking about asking him if i could sell the truck and use the money for customizing the jimmy..

I saw a pretty nice bravada today...does anyone know if you can swap out the bravada grill for a gmc/jimmy grille? and my spindles on my s-10 will fit a bravada, right?
Bravada's are very nice but they are AWD and I dont think the spindles are the same as the trucks, if it was 2WD maybe, but the newer 2WD blazers have a different spindle too, so really i dont have a damn answer, sorry, i am an idiot, definately get a 2WD four door jimmy or blazer and bag it.

Nathan:rock:

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmm..looks like they changed the suspension after '99..but that's okay as long as i can get other spindles that will work..i've never seen lowering components for bravadas advertised

I would like to have it bagged but I don't see myself having the money and i definately wouldn't cut the fenderwells on a daily driver

correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've gathered only 2 door blazers/jimmys are available in 5 speed

thanks for the replies...keep 'em coming

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
I wanted a 2 wheel drive too, but have never seen one for sale before. 4 door with body drop would be KEWL espec. cause the frame sticks down sooooo far.:thumbdown

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
roughly how much would it cost for bags installed and everything? and how low can i go wtihout cutting out the fenderwells?

let's see:

paint: $2000+

wheels: $1500+

rollpan: $150

mirrors: $100

hmm..my budget is pretty slim..I think I'd rather have a static drop and nice rims, shaved handles, paint, etc..than layin frame with stock rims or stock paint

another gripe about the jimmy i have is that there is an indention where the badges are :(

·
I BURN THINGS
5,880 Posts
Jonathon said:
I saw a pretty nice bravada today...does anyone know my spindles on my s-10 will fit a bravada, right?
No they can't be changed. The 4WD's have a hole in the center of the spindle for the drive axle to pass through. and I think the lower ball joints are diffrent

1 - 20 of 22 Posts