S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've been wanting to lower my truck (97) for a while and I think I'm gonna be able to do it soon. I like how 3/4 looks and I don't wanna go too low. I plan on using spindles or controls arms (haven't decided) and blocks for the back. Can someone tell me what the difference between the 2 is? Advantages and disadvantages would be great!

More ?s... I will be using the truck to haul a riding lawn mower so I can cut grass. The mower will be going in the back of the truck, NOT on a trailer. Will 3/4 be too low to do this? I already planned on cutting off the bumpstops.

Also, my rear shocks are worn, I believe they are the original shocks. So which shocks should I buy?

Thanks!!!

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
well, with a spindle the most drop i have seen is 2 inches. you can add a one inch spring to get the front down three inches.
as for control arms the ones that i have seen for "s" sieries trucks all lower the front end three inches. personally i would go with the control arms and a one or two inch spring to slam it. but sounds like you want better ground clearence so stick with the stock springs.
good luck!:D

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
I Think the spindle/spring combo is good, I had it on my 96... rode better than my 94 does with stock suspension...
I've heard the A-arms do good as well....

If you don't want to lose your load rating out back (to haul the lawnmower) use 4" blocks.... Then you don't payload capacity and it rides like stock :)

3/4 is a good daily driver height... its low enough to notice... but still has a good ride

1 - 3 of 3 Posts