S-10 Forum banner

Confused somebody please have answer

Tags
2.2l
2K views 23 replies 5 participants last post by  Wheatfree 
#1 ·
So my 96 2.2l 5speed was sitting for almost 8 years prior to it sitting changed fuel injectors was running good and took all gas out. So decided to get it running again so changed fluid and filters and put battery in it and primed fuel pump couple of times and it started up and ran fine then month later was going to get tires started it and it died when given gas so figured vacuum leak. Found leak on bunch of hoses replaced them now no start some times or it will star and die anybody have clue?? And no check engine light

#7 ·
Egr is in the top right of that photo, driver's side rear of head.

#8 ·
There are two lines that go to your fuel rail. The larger diameter 3/8 line is the pressure line. There will be a quick disconnect fitting that you can disconnect and connect the pressure guage to. If you don't have a guage and you don't hear the fuel pump when you turn the key on you could disconnect the line, put the end in a container and see it any fuel comes spraying out when you try to start it. This won't tell you what the fuel pressure is but if nothing comes out you know you have nothing.

#12 ·
Ok thanks u think that could be problem too. And no I dont know how to post full size photos. Also yeah I hear the fuel pump come on. It has been sitting for 8 years and I changed fluids spark plugs battery filters and put gas in it and it started up and I would start it every week and let it run to keep battery and it would let me accelerate then day was goin to get tires it would not let me accelerate every time I push on gas it died so I checked for vacuum leaks and brake booster line was cracked so was hose to pcv valve replaced them now wont start

#14 ·
Will it start on starting fluid? You are missing fuel, spark, or have screwed up timing if it's not starting.

#20 ·
96 doesn't have passlock, don't worry about that.

Reactions: oldeerslayer
#21 ·
You can test the fuel pressure regulator by attaching a hose to it and sucking. It should hold vacuum. If it doesn't it will run rich. OBD2 started in 1996 so you may or may not have it.
Passkey aka VATS (vehicle antitheft system) turns off the fuel if you are not using the right ignition key. It was first used in the S10 Blazer 1996 General Motors Vehicles Equipped with PASSLock. There will be a security warning light near the speedo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.