S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a k&n intake on my truck, but i was needing some money so i sold it to a friend. i didnt feel like putting the stock air box in so i put a cone filter on the end of the tubing(where the box would be).Is it okay for me to do this, or should i put the stock box and filter on? they way i have it now kind of reminds me of having an intake, just with more bends in the stock tubing.

·
Registered
833 Posts
should be fine just with the cone filter....you will be sucking alot of hott air tho but that wont hurt anything but your HP

·
Day: Geek - Night: Nerd
337 Posts
XDime01 said:
should be fine just with the cone filter....you will be sucking alot of hott air tho but that wont hurt anything but your HP
I have heard of people taking old "for sale" signs or something made out of thin metal and just using zip-ties to hold it in place in between the cone and the motor. A couple of people havenotched it for the intake tube.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yea that is a way to rig up a heat sheild I would never do it personally cause its not bolted down and if it got loose who knows what might happen.

·
Norcal
120 Posts
get a drop in k&n filter and cut the bottom of your stock box, i had a cone and yeah it suck to much hot air, its hard to get a real good heat shield. I use my stock box like i said cut the bottom,and it resists the heat much better and its creates the best vacuum for cold air. I also cut under my firewall for in the summer only and it sucks an amazing amount of air.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
explain how the firewall thing works, im not quite getting what your are talking about. and also what did you use to cut the stock box at the bottom.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the pics, but im not sure if im going to do it yet. i might just go with another intake. i want to know how it sucks in hot air if the aftermarket intake filter was in the same place as the one i have in there now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts