S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, whats it called when you completely erase everything from your computer and then you have to re-install it? I wanna know so I can look up how to do it on yahoo or somthin...I got that worm from AIM and im gettin a shitload of adware now so I wanna get rid of it. I dont wanna call Dell and talk to those towel heads either, they piss me off hardcore:mad:

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
reformatting. find ad-aware, its a great spyware killer. and kerio firewall.

·
CANADA SUCKS
2,108 Posts
Lucky Dime said:
Hey, whats it called when you completely erase everything from your computer and then you have to re-install it? I wanna know so I can look up how to do it on yahoo or somthin...I got that worm from AIM and im gettin a shitload of adware now so I wanna get rid of it. I dont wanna call Dell and talk to those towel heads either, they piss me off hardcore:mad:
and a quote from dell techs during a phone call with them, those crazy india guys

"dell support enjoy, you have warrantee upgrade to you, inspiron justified good 5150 you like?"

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot dude...Yea i got ad-aware its sick but I wanna just get rid of the spyware that keeps comin back cuz everytime I run adaware its the same thing that keeps comin back....You think I can completely get rid of it by re formatting?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Computer Guru's Help Please

WAREAGLE said:
and a quote from dell techs during a phone call with them, those crazy india guys

"dell support enjoy, you have warrantee upgrade to you, inspiron justified good 5150 you like?"
:blaugh:

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
a reformat should work, if you TOTALLY wipe your HDD. however, youll have to go back and install EVERYTHING unless you have one of the new cpu's with a partition for the operating system to be restored after formatting.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I know its a pain in the ass but I cant stand this spyware shit

·
9~Deuce
989 Posts
Don't reformat your computer.

Go to Task Manager (ctrl+alt+delete). Go to Processes. Stop process "B". Find "B.exe" on your computer and delete it.

Also just invest in a new virus scanner. Really old versions are junk even with automatic internet updates.

Oh and stop clicking every link you see! Find out the source first.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
is it that thing in your info that says "whoa look what i found!!"?
if thats what you got and you havent gotten a fix for it yet, i could try and find that out, my cousin had that happen.

alot of times the the adware makes keys that are put deep into your registry, its shit like that, that kills me and makes me want to run a linux box.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
If you call DELL ask of a US agent It will give you someone you can understand and know what they are talking about!! trust me I have had to deal will dell alot and that is what I was told to say " I want to speek with a US Agent Please" And yes spybot is the best!! Last what vr. of windows?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nyte said:
Don't reformat your computer.

Go to Task Manager (ctrl+alt+delete). Go to Processes. Stop process "B". Find "B.exe" on your computer and delete it.

Also just invest in a new virus scanner. Really old versions are junk even with automatic internet updates.

Oh and stop clicking every link you see! Find out the source first.
I didnt click the link...I typed in the web adress in my browser
I got rid of b.exe but im still getting spyware in my registry and stuff
Windows ME

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
Ok then re-format everything and install XP.
Install Norton antivirus (works for me) and I run an internet browser called MYIE2 and it totally stops pop up ads and all kind of crazy cookies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts