S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo i got me a 99 Blazer, and my climate control / heater WONT TURN OFF. and is on HOT !! If i put it on cold and no fan. it still runs kinda, but hot air only. No one i know has any ideas other then it is just gone nuts?

Any help would be appreciated, i dont want to go to the dealership and pay 100's to find out the problem.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Soo i got me a 99 Blazer, and my climate control / heater WONT TURN OFF. and is on HOT !! If i put it on cold and no fan. it still runs kinda, but hot air only. No one i know has any ideas other then it is just gone nuts?

Any help would be appreciated, i dont want to go to the dealership and pay 100's to find out the problem.
My 2000 has a demon too. Four times, on a long drive this winter, it started blowing cold air on my face and I couldn't get the thing to stop. On the floor, it only will blow out hot air sometimes. I miss the old mechanical controls.

Let me know if you figure it out. I haven't had time to screw with it. I just open the windows when it acts up.

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,145 Posts
for you mister pat-izzle my nizzle, i would say your temperature door actuator is stuck in the hell posit-izzle(position)
and you mister phillatio(hahahaha), sounds like your just ****ED!!! haha kidding, um, is it still being all crazy? maybe your HVAC control head is messed up(your heater panel) might need a new one, or your mode door actuator, and your temp door is FUBAR'd. im kinda leaning to something in the control head, cause thats just to odd for both to go out, maybe its intermittently grounding out, or is just messed up innerd's.
mister izzle, have fun changing that actuator, they are a ****ing blast(every last amount of sarcasm i can expel was used in that last sentence)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you figure out this problem? I seem to have a similar one. I have a 2000 envoy with computer climate control. With the temp set to cold and fan to off, it still puts hot air out.

My air door actuator was acting up (constantly opening and shuting), but the temp of the air being pushed out stayed HOT!.

In a possible related note, I pulled the carpet back one day (because of a wet passenger floor board), and later I noticed that there was two wires hanging down above the passenger floor board (right under the glove box). The wires are pink and grey and are on connected to a green plastic fitting, which looks like it used to connect to something. I've spent two days under the dash and can't find a loose connection. I used a voltmeter on the wires and neither wire is hot (EVER), which means something must connect to it and give it power.

Nice long post. I'll be forever in someone's debt if they tell me where to plug this wire in at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts