S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Beeyotch
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off yes I did read the thread on compressor wiring in the how to section. For those who don't know about it look here:

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21854

Anyway, I am going to be running 2 compressors. So let me get this straight and tell me if it's wrong. From the two relays, I will be running 8 gauge wire to the battery. from the compressors to the relays I will be using 10 gauge. From the pressure switch to the relays and also to the ignition wire I'll be using 18 gauge.

Questions: Do I have to put a fuse between the relays and the battery, and if so what kind? Is it ok to use a larger gauge "just in case"? How waterproof are the relays? can I put them under the bed along with everything else? Lastly, and only because I forget, does my 10 switch box have a power and a ground, and if so can I tap into the line that goes from the relays to the battery?
thank you in advance

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Yes, you need a 30 amp fuse between each relay and the battery, or a 60 amp fuse if you only run one wire and split it at the relays. I've had my relays under my bed for about a year and 8 months, same relays, with no problems.

Switchbox only has a power wire, and you can run it off the battery wire, but you need to fuse it with a 5 amp fuse.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
xxhowiexx said:
yip.

i wired my box into the fuse box under the dash. I can whack switches with the truck off.
So can I and mine is straight from the battery. :monkey:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts