S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Shade Tree Pimpin'
Joined
·
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for the digram to wire the compressor and the relays i know someone is gonna post search the forum and i have but i cant find it
 

·
Ol' Skool Member
Joined
·
395 Posts
Is the Selenoid/relay just a starter selenoid? or is a special part?
 

·
Shade Tree Pimpin'
Joined
·
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where is a good wire to use for the ignition or a wire thats on when the truck is on
 

·
NTBSSHEVN
Joined
·
9,248 Posts
If u are talking about the wire to run to tie into the ignition than use 18 gauge. On the left kick panel there should be a pink wire and u can tie into that.

Fastbagged2001 I think u are talking about the power wire.
 

·
NTBSSHEVN
Joined
·
9,248 Posts
The power size all depends on what size and how many compressors u have.
 

·
I drive a bike-cycle
Joined
·
358 Posts
nope...all I had was 12 ga...so thats what I was using...may have been 16 tho I cant really remember...hey, you use what you have...
 

·
NTBSSHEVN
Joined
·
9,248 Posts
fastbagged2001 said:
nope...all I had was 12 ga...so thats what I was using...may have been 16 tho I cant really remember...hey, you use what you have...
What were u sayin nope to?
 

·
I drive a bike-cycle
Joined
·
358 Posts
NCHEVYHEVN3 said:
If u are talking about the wire to run to tie into the ignition than use 18 gauge. On the left kick panel there should be a pink wire and u can tie into that.

Fastbagged2001 I think u are talking about the power wire.
This...I wasnt talking about the power wire...Sorry, I should have quoted that...
 

·
Token Bald Guy
Joined
·
743 Posts
is the rocker switch just for if you want to turn the comp off no matter what, kinda like have it laid out so no one can take it unless they find the rocker? getting ready to wire my stuff in next week or so
 

·
I drive a bike-cycle
Joined
·
358 Posts
incudose said:
is the rocker switch just for if you want to turn the comp off no matter what, kinda like have it laid out so no one can take it unless they find the rocker? getting ready to wire my stuff in next week or so
Yeah,
I guess...Just dont plan on someone taking the truck tho...I use mine in cause I am asleep in my house and something possibly freaky happens, like a line coming off, or some of my dumb neighbors get drunk and decide to cut an airline or two, or if you have a leak in your system. That way my compressor wont kick on (when I lose pressure in the tank)and run the batt down...Its basically the same as running your pressure switch to your ignition. the comp. wont kick on unless the key is on. well, mine wont kick on unless the switch is on...I don't know if I have explained this good enough but anyway, I think you get the picture...
 

·
NTBSSHEVN
Joined
·
9,248 Posts
fastbagged2001 said:
Yeah,
I guess...Just dont plan on someone taking the truck tho...I use mine in cause I am asleep in my house and something possibly freaky happens, like a line coming off, or some of my dumb neighbors get drunk and decide to cut an airline or two, or if you have a leak in your system. That way my compressor wont kick on (when I lose pressure in the tank)and run the batt down...Its basically the same as running your pressure switch to your ignition. the comp. wont kick on unless the key is on. well, mine wont kick on unless the switch is on...I don't know if I have explained this good enough but anyway, I think you get the picture...
Yea thats exactly what I have. A rocker switch in the cab thats got 18 gauge from the battery to the switch, then to the relay thats plugged to a ground, the compressors, and then the pressure switch.

Basically the rocker switch or the wire from the ignition is an override of the pressure switch.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top