S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, heres the deal, im mounting my compressors between the lift bars on my 5 link in the rear of my truck, my tank is gonna be towards the cab, im wondering what you guys use to run the line from the compressor to the tank?

i already have a 18" hydralic line coming from the compressor, im thinking of just putting a PTC fitting on the end of that and just running an extended air line to the tank.. will that work? or will it get too hot and melt the air line?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
It'll get warm, but it would work. 18" should be enough for enough heat to be disappated... I would, however, use compression fittings, rather than ptc fittings. YOu don't want the line to soften up, then blow off the ptc fitting.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, i was thinking compression fittings also.. cause i see a lot of ppl running air lines from the compressors and i always wondered what people used to run a line from the compressor to the tank.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
I'd suggest a longer hydraulic line or steel braid line.

If you choose to use parflex, use compression fittings like Slammeddime suggested.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Southern said:
I'd suggest a longer hydraulic line or steel braid line.

If you choose to use parflex, use compression fittings like Slammeddime suggested.
im thinking of sticking to the hydraulic line, its holds up to 2,000 psi. i think i'll just get a longer one to disapate the heat more..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts